No announcement yet.

The Marshals Baton Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Marschallstab of GFM Ewald von Kleist in 1986.

(Photo credits to "Mythos Marschallstab",by authors Hüsken and Stirenberg)
    Attached Files

Comment

I wish people would stop using the euphemism 'liberated' to describe the theft of such items. It almost lends a note of distinction to such acts of thievery.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post

Does anyone know how much it sold for?

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
          I wish people would stop using the euphemism 'liberated' to describe the theft of such items.

Ok, I will do so, the batton was stolen from GFM Milch by a few british soldiers.
          GFM Milch was beaten with his interimsstab during this interrogation by a british General until this batton breaks on his head, after this the general used an empty bottle of champain and beat GFM Milch again, Milch was seriously wounded during this action.

Could be looked up in the related book from Huesken on page 338

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post

It’s a copy.

Comment

Yep, all that art that Hermann Goring "collected" from all over Europe wasn't stolen, it was liberated.

Comment

What's your point?

Comment

GFM Mulch Interimstab

Originally posted by August von Mackensen View Post
                  Ok, I will do so, the batton was stolen from GFM Milch by a few british soldiers.
                  GFM Milch was beaten with his interimsstab during this interrogation by a british General until this batton breaks on his head, after this the general used an empty bottle of champain and beat GFM Milch again, Milch was seriously wounded during this action.

Could be looked up in the related book from Huesken on page 338

Matt
                  Hi,
                  I was responsible for the Phillips Militaria auction that sold Milch's Interimstab in October 1986, the Mills-Roberts family background was that it was surrendered by Milch (indeed dressed in full GFM uniform) to Mills-Roberts and out of disgust, he repeatedly hit Milch with the baton, breaking it in two! Mills-Roberts men then repaired the baton, now shorter and later represented it back to him. The Mills-Roberts family wanted to place it in auction in 1984 but, the Milch family then took legal action to block the sale. During the court action, the baton was loaned to the Imperial War Museum in London for a temporary exhibition. When we got the go ahead for the auction sale in 1986, I personally collected the baton from the IWM, making it look unimportant by carrying it rolled up in a plastic shopping bag on the London Underground/ subway back to the office!! It was surrendered to Mills-Roberts, not stolen or liberated!! Rigsby.

Comment

1++ Can't agree more. He is doing an absolute fantastic Job, researching and posting all the Pictures over the Years and build up a one of a kind Database. You should get the Oaks with Diamonds yourself for all the work. Really, a big THANK YOU for that

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen View Post
                    I could not agree more to that Matt,
                    …”SEPP” is one of the best things that ever happned for WAF

He should have been given a free life membership long time ago……………
                    Pieter.
                    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Ridiculous. No German field marshal 'surrendered' his baton, ever. And then he 'allowed' himself to be beaten with it upon 'surrender'? Sounds completely plausible to me.

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
                        Ridiculous. No German field marshal 'surrendered' his baton, ever. And then he 'allowed' himself to be beaten with it upon 'surrender'? Sounds completely plausible to me.
                        Yes, I can see it now: Yes, I'm guilty ! Here's my baton, please beat me with it !

-Serge

Comment

Hi guys

......In my opinion everything with a swastika on it is considered by me as a war trophy. Germany surrendered itself to the fascist dictatorship of the nazi party long before the war started. The claim that someone 'stole' from a nazi official is ludicrous. And yes, military officers in Hitler's Germany were nazi officials as soon as they swore allegiance to der fuhrer.

I wonder how you would classify all those Russian banners, medals, banknotes etc. that German troops 'liberated' while raping the U.S.S.R.? Not to mention British, French and U.S. trophies of war. Same goes there.

You get captured by your enemies and everything of yours becomes theirs. Period.

Comment

And after more then 80 Years.....no Cow cares anymore. On each Side they 'stole' "liberated" or how ever you like to call it, no matter if German, Amy, Brit or Russian ( French i not include, they just got always "Liberated, no matter what ). Enjoy the Items and the History behind it, that't at least what i do.
                            WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Is this a Free copy ?
                              Attached Files

Comment

A few pictures who shows how the batton returned to Generalfiledmarschall Milch a few weeks before he passed away, sitting in his livingroom beside two Bundeswehr Generals who handed the batton over to him
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X