The Marshals Baton Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
    While I agree that it’s a great sword, it was presented to him unofficially and no promotion was attached. I even believe that he was not allowed to wear on duty by Himmler.
    Maybe a SS baton will surface in the future
    Well, you are right, SS baton to Dietrich.
    Attached Files

Comment

Not the highest award, that was the Grand Cross to the Iron Cross awarded to the owner of one of these batons. That would only have been trumped by the Göringstar. The highest political award would probably been the German Order with swords. Perhaps the most IMPRESSIVE award, and certainly one of the highest are without doubt these batons. Hard to say which one I like the best. The Luftwaffe blue is a beautiful shade, but the Heer Adler on the end is the most impressive of the eagles. To own one would be the highlight of any collection, but the DK with diamonds would be so too. Perhaps von Blomberg's is a good mix of colour and ornamentation. I like that fact that his baton has the porcelain name ring harking back to earlier batons.

Comment

I have to respectfully differ with some of the above posts.

A marshal's baton can't be called an award: It is the insigne of a Field Marshal and a symbol of his office and authority; a rank badge, if you will.

Sepp Dietrich's unique sword was a personal birthday gift from the officer corps of the LSSAH.

Thus, for all their prestige, beauty and value, neither one can be fit into any order of precedence.

(The Dietrich baton in post # 676 is, of course, a post-war fantasy piece.)

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
          Not the highest award, that was the Grand Cross to the Iron Cross awarded to the owner of one of these batons. That would only have been trumped by the Göringstar. The highest political award would probably been the German Order with swords. Perhaps the most IMPRESSIVE award, and certainly one of the highest are without doubt these batons. Hard to say which one I like the best. The Luftwaffe blue is a beautiful shade, but the Heer Adler on the end is the most impressive of the eagles. To own one would be the highlight of any collection, but the DK with diamonds would be so too. Perhaps von Blomberg's is a good mix of colour and ornamentation. I like that fact that his baton has the porcelain name ring harking back to earlier batons.
          I agree with you on von Bloomberg’s Baton. That Porcelain name ring really sets it off!
          I hope to own one of these marvels one day.

DMS

Comment

....wrong keys

Indeed a beauty...
            Pieter
            Attached Files
            SUUM CUIQUE ...
            sigpic

Comment

You are talking about the piece in the left of the picture, or?

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by August von Mackensen View Post
                You are talking about the piece in the left of the picture, or?

Matt
                …Matt,… sorry you’re right… i didn’t notice there was a baton in the picture which is of course a beauty too
                Pieter.
                SUUM CUIQUE ...
                sigpic

Comment

You´re right Pieter, there is also a batton in the picture, but no problem at all.

Best

Matt

Comment

Comment

GFM Hermann Göring with his formal baton.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Baton case for GFM Erwin Rommel
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is another contribution regarding the Milch batton, as also written in the related Huesken book, the batton was liberated by some british soldiers and handed back to Milch in 1971, the batton itself together with the most of the Milch estate was sold to this German antique dealer here.

http://www.agenturmaue.com/buch.php

He wrote a book about the Milch estate, everything else that happens later with the Milch batton is already a part of this thread here.

I just could say it only once more, Sepp, I like your contributions here in this forum really a lot, you have startet in my eyes a few of the very most interesting threads here, thanks for that.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
                            Baton case for GFM Erwin Rommel
                            And interim case in the back😉
                            Pieter
                            SUUM CUIQUE ...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by August von Mackensen View Post
                              Here is another contribution regarding the Milch batton, as also written in the related Huesken book, the batton was liberated by some british soldiers and handed back to Milch in 1971, the batton itself together with the most of the Milch estate was sold to this German antique dealer here.

http://www.agenturmaue.com/buch.php

He wrote a book about the Milch estate, everything else that happens later with the Milch batton is already a part of this thread here.

I just could say it only once more, Sepp, I like your contributions here in this forum really a lot, you have startet in my eyes a few of the very most interesting threads here, thanks for that.

Matt

I could not agree more to that Matt,
                              …”SEPP” is one of the best things that ever happned for WAF

He should have been given a free life membership long time ago……………
                              Pieter.
                              SUUM CUIQUE ...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen View Post
                                I could not agree more to that Matt,
                                …”SEPP” is one of the best things that ever happned for WAF

He should have been given a free life membership long time ago……………
                                Pieter.
                                It means a lot coming from you, my friend.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X