X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, Robin. There are enough variations withing the tanks and the woven backing material to believe there are several makers.

I especially do not understand the //// acceptance and the \\\\ rejection. Since the backing material is made on Jaquard Automatic Weaving Loom the direction of the weave depends on how the punch cards are run through the machine.Since there is only one card necessary for producing any length of woven material, the border weave can run either way, depending how the card was inserted into the loom's card reader.

Well, it is of no use to try to convince anyone to change their mind.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

My gut feeling say's no-go on #192-3
      Don't believe everything you read on the internet, that's how WWI got started.

Comment

Bob,

please compare the thickness of the tank with another TDB. And of course there're different makers of the gold tdb, but the differences are only minor differences.

Regards

Heinrich

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
          What do you think of this badge?

Bob Hritz
          Hi,

I agree with Heinrich66 on the strip. It looks like a type 1 tank on a 1957 gold strip. I would like to see the reverse with mounting if possible. Anyway as I stated earlier, I have only seen original gold versions with the type 3 tank on them.

No one ever stated that there was only one maker of 192 - 193 (Robin). I would not dare write something I could not back up with any facts. I am convinced though that there are more fakers, eh... makers of these, refering to the different - getting better - versions found on the market.
          Anyway thanks for your comments.
          Last edited by deejay; 12-08-2008, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deejay View Post
            No one ever stated that there was only one maker of 192 - 193 (Robin).
            No..............but it's implied by the fact that the common belief is that all of these badges have to be identical to be genuine.

It's like saying that only one type of unmarked Krimschild is original and all the others are fakes.

IMHO.

Comment

Hi Robin,

no, they're not identical, but very similar and feature identical constructions and materials used....

Comment

Originally posted by heinrich66 View Post
                No, they're not identical, but ............ feature identical constructions and materials.

Comment

Will mean, they're constructed the same way, with slightly minor differences

Comment

Originally posted by heinrich66 View Post
                    Will mean, they're constructed the same way, with slightly minor differences.
                    Yes, I know.

Just a little joke.

I wish my German was as good as your English.

Comment

I have these two

well the first one never got to me so I guess I DON"T have it..seems the other one must be a fake judging from the other examples? Bad luck again!
                      Last edited by PATMAN; 02-21-2009, 11:19 PM.

Comment

I love this discussion group.

This is a great discussion on the Tank destruction badge.
                        I just purchased one today from another dealer with a D. Niemann authenticity. I can't wait to show it to everyone.
                        Meanwhile, thank you for putting this great post up and for everyone contributing.

Thanks,
                        2dresq907

Comment

Finally got mine

Comment

here it is.

2dresq907
                            Attached Files

Comment

a non-drunk picture.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks,
                                2dresq907
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X