Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder when the picture with three bars drop container could have been taken? I see there FJ soldier with folding shovel - Klappspaten. I try to determine if FJ were the first to use folding shovels in combat?

Originally posted by LAURENZONI View Post
    here are the photos :-)

Comment

Originally posted by pzo View Post
      I wonder when the picture with three bars drop container could have been taken? I see there FJ soldier with folding shovel - Klappspaten. I try to determine if FJ were the first to use folding shovels in combat?
      I mean this picture.
      Attached Files

Comment

The folding shovel (Klappspaten) was introduced as a standard model 12 November 1938 for the entire Wehrmacht so I don't think you would be able to establish that the Fallschirmjaeger were the first to use it in Combat considering the invasion of Poland took place 1 September 1939 and Fallschirmjaegers were not opposed in Combat until the invasion of Norway on 9 April 1940.

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
          The folding shovel (Klappspaten) was introduced as a standard model 12 November 1938 for the entire Wehrmacht so I don't think you would be able to establish that the Fallschirmjaeger were the first to use it in Combat considering the invasion of Poland took place 1 September 1939 and Fallschirmjaegers were not opposed in Combat until the invasion of Norway on 9 April 1940.
          I believe there was some FJ combat in Poland by II/FJR1 in Wola Gułowska on 24th of September 1939 (8 dead and 13 wounded). However, in all photos from this event (at least the ones that I know) FJs used straight shovels.

Comment

I stand corrected I believe the I/ and II/FJR 1 were air landed at Dublin and other airfields near Dukla Pass but only some units under II/FJR 1 were involved in any fighting receiving their first casualties in the war against a Polish Artillery Regiment in Wola Gułowska. I will have to check my FJ photo archives as I do have some photos from their operation in Poland. I believe I posted them in one of my threads here.

(QUOTE=kiler;8662932]I believe there was some FJ combat in Poland by II/FJR1 in Wola Gułowska on 24th of September 1939 (8 dead and 13 wounded). However, in all photos from this event (at least the ones that I know) FJs used straight shovels.[/QUOTE]

Comment

No matter how they reached battlefield, they were Fallschirmjager and had proper equipment and uniforms. Here are some pictures from Wola Gułowska - September 1939. I am strongly interested in equipment from that time.

I stand corrected I believe the I/ and II/FJR 1 were air landed at Dublin and other airfields near Dukla Pass but only some units under II/FJR 1 were involved in any fighting receiving their first casualties in the war against a Polish Artillery Regiment in Wola Gułowska. I will have to check my FJ photo archives as I do have some photos from their operation in Poland. I believe I posted them in one of my threads here.

(QUOTE=kiler;8662932]I believe there was some FJ combat in Poland by II/FJR1 in Wola Gułowska on 24th of September 1939 (8 dead and 13 wounded). However, in all photos from this event (at least the ones that I know) FJs used straight shovels.
              [/QUOTE]
              Attached Files

Comment

Mar 20 - 01
                Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Comment

pzo...check out pages 112 (#1674 & #1676) & 117 (#1745) of this thread. I had posted negatives of fallschirmjaeger in Poland.

Bill

[QUOTE=pzo;8663117]No matter how they reached battlefield, they were Fallschirmjager and had proper equipment and uniforms. Here are some pictures from Wola Gułowska - September 1939. I am strongly interested in equipment from that time.

Comment

Juraver...Welcome to this thread and thank you for sharing your photos with us.

Comment

I posted this one in an old thread, nice to see white camo leather stuff and rifles.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Bill,
                            Thanks for pointing out some great negatives-pictures! Good luck, happy collecting and stay in good health. Avoid C virus! Best, kill it with vodka.

[QUOTE=W Petz;8673720]pzo...check out pages 112 (#1674 & #1676) & 117 (#1745) of this thread. I had posted negatives of fallschirmjaeger in Poland.

Bill

No matter how they reached battlefield, they were Fallschirmjager and had proper equipment and uniforms. Here are some pictures from Wola Gułowska - September 1939. I am strongly interested in equipment from that time.

Comment

Pzo....Thank you for your kind words....I'm definitely working on avoiding the Corona virus. I even have some Polish Vodka given to me by my friend John who is married to a beautiful Polish Girl..Gosia. Her father was a Colonel in the Polish Army when your country was under the influence of Communism.

[QUOTE=pzo;8673921]Bill,
                              Thanks for pointing out some great negatives-pictures! Good luck, happy collecting and stay in good health. Avoid C virus! Best, kill it with vodka.

pzo...check out pages 112 (#1674 & #1676) & 117 (#1745) of this thread. I had posted negatives of fallschirmjaeger in Poland.

Bill

Comment

Apr 20 - 01
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X