Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This photo was taken in Delfzijl, Holland.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great photo!
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Nice boards, OSS. I assume factory made?

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
          Nice boards, OSS. I assume factory made?
          Thanks, yes, factory made early issue.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
            Here is a pair of early Luftwaffe splinter shoulder straps for the rare smooth cotton FD jacket. They are lined with smooth olive cotton material.
            Quite unusual to see an original pair. Very nice, thank you for sharing them.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by RamJet View Post
              Just found out that the Luftwaffen-Felddivisionen also had Sturmgeschütz-Batterien ( http://www.die-sturmartillerie.com/weitabt.htm ).

Could it be that the tabs and boards from the 2010 taylor find (displayed for example on the bottom of my photo a few posts above) are no HG stuff but FD? Would also make sense as no other HG material was found in the hoard.

Any comments?
              Ramjet,

I believe that the boards and tabs found in that tailor hoard are ALL field division insignia, with most items definitely being F.D. For the most part I do not believe that HG used that field gray background on their tabs, but there are always exceptions (see photo, notice boards removed). I have seen the white with pink piping on the tabs most commonly for anti-tank units on HG uniforms. Elusive stuff.

Richard
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes, elusive indeed.

Thank You for Your opinion and for sharing the pic!

Comment

A Field Grade Officer (Major?) poses at the entrance to his dugout somewhere in the East:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here an unshaven Luftwaffe Landser is seen wearing Wellingtons; useful footwear in the swamplands of the northern Ostfront:
                    Attached Files

Comment

In this atmospheric photo, a group of FD soldiers pose in front of another bunker. The Feldwebel on the left wears the Erdkampfabzeichen and an EK2 ribbon on his Fliegerbluse; the photo is simply inscribed "Russland 1943":
                      Attached Files

Comment

IMO alot of the insignia found in the tailor lot of 2010 were in fact late HG insignia. I can show early photos of the lot from a friend who got in there quick and grabbed some of the rarer tabs/ boards.

A Field Division Panzerjäger Fliegerbluse.

I also have some photos of a superb Field Division Assault Gun wrap in Feldgrau with green tabs and red piping for Stugs somewhere. Can't locate right now but in the same collection as below.
                        Attached Files
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Very late HG assault gun troops. From a friend whose uncle is one of these (can't remember which one without looking at the back of the photo).
                          Attached Files
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

A frontal view of a FD machinegun nest; I'm guessing it was posed:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
                              IMO alot of the insignia found in the tailor lot of 2010 were in fact late HG insignia. I can show early photos of the lot from a friend who got in there quick and grabbed some of the rarer tabs/ boards
                              Yes! Please can we see some images of that,
                              Please sir!

I always LOVE seeing pictures of "hoards" found!

Thanks,
                              John

Comment

Yes, indeed, these pics would be quite interesting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X