No announcement yet.

Battle of Berlin Hitlerjugend Panzerknacker Wehrpass and award doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes,It would have fooled me too Tim if im honest.

Thats life!

Ross

Comment

Since I posted in one of my last posts that I recently saw many fake groups at Bene Merenti auction house, I
      thought I bring this one up again with an example of the recent auction. Gullible auction houses are a special problem
      as they open fakers a perfect gate to move lots of stuff.

So here we go, why use a set of fake stamps only once if they can also be recycled?! Of course we can profit from
      the work of member kuratorium who - as always - was spot on with his verdict of those groups.

Here is the group as it is now. I use the ISA document for comparison.

Also, as a little sidenote, how realistic is it that someone of a HJ unit was typing (!) an ISA document in Berlin
      April 27 1945 with unitstamps and signatures? Just look at the situation they were in by then ...

Anyway, if I look at their other listings, and this is of course only my personal oppinion, I would be very careful
      with some of those fancy documents. I see at least 3 or 4 that I would never touch. The fact that something is sold
      by an auction house does not make it any safer to buy.

Attached Files

Comment

And here the close up.
        Attached Files

Comment

Great posts and examples. I'm of the belief that these are all being produced by the same faker - examples have been flooding the market for the past five years. The stamp work is very good and convincing, and the writing style on the signatures is often similar across the fakes as well.

Comment

Michael,
            You are spot on.
            Jeff

Comment

very good fakes i have to say sadly............

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
                Great posts and examples. I'm of the belief that these are all being produced by the same faker - examples have been flooding the market for the past five years. The stamp work is very good and convincing, and the writing style on the signatures is often similar across the fakes as well.
                I totally agree, these all come from the same factory. I think they were around even longer than just five years but in recent years the output has much increased. As I said, Bene Merenti had half a dozen groups in their last auction. This time I see about the same number.

Here are two more. Look at the signature of the first one. Who signs like that? And then the Panzer group - look at the sign on the lazarett page. Again, who signs like that? And then the logic, how come these documents are together? At first glance it seems logic because they both concern the same soldier. However, the award document would have been give to the soldier by Pz. Abt. 502 while the other document would have been given to Pz. Ers. Abt. 500 by the lazarett, why would that soldier have it or keep it? It just makes no sense that those documents are together. The reason for its existence is simply that it makes the award document more plausible because it is part of a little group.

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X