Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this too Hans. What is really pathetic is that the seller is saying that the Soldbuch was given to him by his grandfather, a veteran of Normandy - What a story!! The seller takes his sales pitch a step further when he says that he is donating some of the money to charity. What is really crazy is that there are already thirteen bids and the current price is $603! Who are these bidders?
    Last edited by Hank Cummings; 02-10-2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

"Artur Maresch" Soldbuch ebay nr 170580404384

If you think that faking the soldbuch is bad on it's own, then you will love this: after I made some enquiries with the seller (ebay user id: charliecharlieone) he offered it to me for sale at ten or twenty pounds less than the sale price of 440 pounds listed on ebay, on the basis that the winning bidder was "away travelling for the next ten days". Presumably the winning bid was a fake bid put up by the seller himself. Hopefully this guy gets what he deserves.
      Last edited by Hank Cummings; 02-21-2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Hello all

First-time poster here, and before I go on to make my point, may I just say what an excellent forum this is. I was signposted here by one of the other members.

It may surprise some of you to hear that I was the seller of that last dodgy SS Soldbuch on eBay. I can't tell you what an embarrassment this has been - I would NEVER pass off something that I knew was a fake as an original, and apologise for any distress that this may have caused. It has also created something of a problem within my own family, but that's another story.

My point is that I sold this item on eBay in good faith, completely oblivious to the fact that this was a fake. I am grateful to one of the other forum members for pointing this out to me (in no uncertain terms!) by email, and on discovering this I offered the winning bidder a full refund. The payment was made by PayPal - I would hardly have accepted this if I was deliberately trying to rip off the guy! If you're interested then please take a look at my eBay feedback and the type of stuff I have sold and purchased in the past..

Now here's the problem: yes, I unwittingly sold the fake Soldbuch, but it seems that a large number of people on here have concluded that I was also the faker, and consequently have acted as judge, jury and executioner.

I am not a liar, and I do not bid on my own eBay auctions. I would have been happy to consider the matter closed had "dessa.de" not chosen to make the comment below and reveal my eBay user name, but I feel now that I must set the record straight and point out how this has been twisted out of context.

On the day the auction closed, I received a message from the buyer that he would be away travelling for ten days. I therefore sent a message to dessa.de (or dessadog as he is known on eBay) letting him know this as he was actually the second highest bidder in the auction! Dessa - rather than making "some enquiries" with me, you fail to point out that you actually made a bona fide bid of GBP430 on this item and I was informing you that you may be able to make a "second chance offer" within seven days (see below). This was a genuine offer from me, made before it was pointed out to me that the document was fake, because you led me to believe that you were genuinely interested in acquiring it.

Quite why you chose to not make this clear I can only imagine, and I also find it rather strange that it took you two and a half weeks from the date of the sale to post this comment on the forum. I can understand that you may feel a little embarrassed at having made such a high bid on what turned out to be a fake, especially after I sent the detailed photos you requested. Then again I now realise that most of the people who asked for photos turned out to be members of this forum! lol

Anyway, I hope this serves to clarify the matter. I have included the images below to show what really happened, and hopefully to show that the winning bidder received his refund in full (including postage!).

I too abhor the people out there who deliberately set out to deceive others, but please don't make the assumption that I am one of them; I am fairly broad shouldered, but I really do take exception to being called a liar, being accused of bidding on my own auction, and having my eBay identity revealed on this forum.

The buyer returned the fake Soldbuch to me and it now lives in my desk drawer, where it will remain.

Sorry to drone on, and thanks for giving me the opportunity to give my side of events. If anyone feels the need to contact me then please feel free to do so off line, or feel free to make whatever enquires you wish with eBay.

Regards, Paul.

Comment

The original photo that Andrew Harris sold is (at the time of this writing) being re-sold here:

http://www.militaria321.com/auktions...tionID=5801493

The photo used in this soldbuch is clearly a scaled-down modern copy of the original photo.

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

What tangled webs we weave!

Comment

Seems the fakers didn't have the correct Blood Type stamp so they changed the man's blood type from O to B...

Comment

Hello dear forum members!

Im not a real collector but a student of history with an interest in ww2,
                and my items of this era are from my relatives mostly.
                Im a bit shocked how many (and how good) things from that era are faked.
                I am a member of feldgrau.net for sometime, and always glad to see genuine pictures and documents of others, and also share my felpost or pictures i came across.

I think the guys copying pictures and faking Wehrpasses do not only rip off
                buyers, but also harm the research of history in some way. Honest people
                might stop to share their information, and that would be a loss to everyone.

You cannot keep bad people out of the internet (as some suggested here),
                but you make it harder for the fakers. For example why to post a whole Wehrpass?
                I would censor at least the Wehrpass number and the blood type information,
                photos can be posted online with a watermark.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                  People that live in NOVA know where it is to be sure. And we don't lump all sorts of people into one big category. I did not liable nor slander you. I merely took you to task for slandering whole groups of people that are from places other than the US. If you seek to be among Americans then go to another forum. This forum is for people from evrywhere, here for no other reason than to be with others that share a passion. I'm tired of people like you that label everyone from the east as crooks and cheaters. Before you cast stones at them look to your own backyard. Do a search using Cave Creek for starters. There are crooks a plenty to be found in this hobby and they are not all overseas.

Why don't you post something of your collection? I haven't seen anything like that from you in a while. Or are you just here to talk and copy pics of other people's items?
                  I´ve seen this thread today.
                  Congratulations, Mr. Doering, not all the people outside USA are fakers!!
                  With my appreciation to you,
                  Julio (from Spain)
                  Last edited by julio65; 09-07-2011, 05:06 AM.

Comment

As far as I know dealers from the UK were one of the first fakers.

And what about selling stolen SS-documents from the former Document Center in Berlin here on that forum? Nobody cares...

Comment

Fake dog tags

Watch out for this seller on ebay: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-Erke...item46312f88bf

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-Erke...p2047675.l2557

Nicely done, still fakes.
                      Al

Comment

The fake soldbuchs are being sold in the bazaar section right here on the WAF, by a member who has been here since 2010?
                        If everyone's so upset by this, why hasn't somebody said anything about the member selling them here?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=886341

Comment

Originally posted by Sonderkommando View Post
                          The fake soldbuchs are being sold in the bazaar section right here on the WAF, by a member who has been here since 2010?
                          If everyone's so upset by this, why hasn't somebody said anything about the member selling them here?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=886341
                          Because they're being offered as reproductions here, not as originals.

best
                          Hank
                          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thats the point, they are offered as what they are, reproductions, nicely and perfect made soldbooks, the seller does not make a secret that his books are not original from the timeframe, i guess that a few of the guys who are buying theese books are not that honest like Rob is.

Thats only my point of view

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X