Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And making them pay the $25 for the priviledge will stop them? Of course we've never had fakers in the US, especially from the mountain states...... Since that is a nonspecific location and your english is marginal at best I guess we should suspect you too.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Where the hell is nova anyway...at least i live where i say i do, although i am new to this area. I don't know of any fake productions in the mountain states, but do agree there is a predominance of disreputable dealers from here, and we all know who they are. Most are good, its the guru wanna bees, with sorted pasts that have decades of ripping off all across the country at gun shows selling fakes that are the culprits, i am unfortunately not in that crowd or have ever been.

I do challenge you mr doering .... if i am disreputable ..and you have any factual evidence I was ever involved in manufacturing of any fakes ...had any bad dealing practices , in any way EVER , taking advantage of the ignorant... anywhere.. any time..or even have a criminal record ..please post any evidence here now . Otherwise i suggest you be looked on...as all wet in your suggestions about my integrity. I will accept your silence as an admission to all readers you apologise for the incorrect comments inapropriately posted , and that your accusations are hollow and have no basis in fact.

I wonder what people would say about your dealings or reputation in your history since you started collecting? I hope you are also a good guy, but i don't have any idea, as i do not know you personally , and you do not know me either..

If i ever make any comments it will be with facts behind them, and not just a suggestion of charachter asassination ... with nothing of substance where liable or slander can be effected like you have made againt me ...suggesting i may be a rascal.

As to how to stop the copying of forum postings...maybe we can stop allowing the copy function on the forum , as the deletion of forum photos has been altered to stop their removal. Also maybe don't show things as closely in photos but at a further distance. or charge for the copy function by the item (1. euro per photo)Then the buyers will be listed , and the suspects would be known...and the money will go to help the forum.Anybody have any other ideas on a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
        Where the hell is nova anyway...at least i live where i say i do, although i am new to this area. I don't know of any fake productions in the mountain states, but do agree there is a predominance of disreputable dealers from here, and we all know who they are. Most are good, its the guru wanna bees, with sorted pasts that have decades of ripping off all across the country at gun shows selling fakes that are the culprits, i am unfortunately not in that crowd or have ever been.

I do challenge you mr doering .... if i am disreputable ..and you have any factual evidence I was ever involved in manufacturing of any fakes ...had any bad dealing practices , in any way EVER , taking advantage of the ignorant... anywhere.. any time..or even have a criminal record ..please post any evidence here now . Otherwise i suggest you be looked on...as all wet in your suggestions about my integrity. I will accept your silence as an admission to all readers you apologise for the incorrect comments inapropriately posted , and that your accusations are hollow and have no basis in fact.

I wonder what people would say about your dealings or reputation in your history since you started collecting? I hope you are also a good guy, but i don't have any idea, as i do not know you personally , and you do not know me either..

If i ever make any comments it will be with facts behind them, and not just a suggestion of charachter asassination ... with nothing of substance where liable or slander can be effected like you have made againt me ...suggesting i may be a rascal.

As to how to stop the copying of forum postings...maybe we can stop allowing the copy function on the forum , as the deletion of forum photos has been altered to stop their removal. Also maybe don't show things as closely in photos but at a further distance. or charge for the copy function by the item (1. euro per photo)Then the buyers will be listed , and the suspects would be known...and the money will go to help the forum.Anybody have any other ideas on a solution?
        People that live in NOVA know where it is to be sure. And we don't lump all sorts of people into one big category. I did not liable nor slander you. I merely took you to task for slandering whole groups of people that are from places other than the US. If you seek to be among Americans then go to another forum. This forum is for people from evrywhere, here for no other reason than to be with others that share a passion. I'm tired of people like you that label everyone from the east as crooks and cheaters. Before you cast stones at them look to your own backyard. Do a search using Cave Creek for starters. There are crooks a plenty to be found in this hobby and they are not all overseas.

Why don't you post something of your collection? I haven't seen anything like that from you in a while. Or are you just here to talk and copy pics of other people's items?
        pseudo-expert

Comment

blablabla get a life and fight your fight outside the forum

Comment

Besides how can a guy from new york city not speak english or write it well enough...i see this all the time..id say 45% of the people listed here never speak, and are scammers... i still think many from new york and other american cities are really in other countrys. Is there a way to verify an isp address, and then trace for the same address on the waf.

I think foreign members should be investigated before allowing them for free on this site. Or just bann them all except for the usa and canada, and england.(verified) Most of these other countrys use the forum to "test "their fakes. (china ,germany, france, cz slovenia, poland especially, so maybe all should be restricted.(especially communist countrys) As i said even the german sellers of nazi items use american servers to sell their items due to increasing problems in their countrys laws regardless what germans argue here about legality disinformation.

They should not be able to access posts photos, but if they want to sell things, and we have a middle man set up for them to send items to prior,allow them to view e stand and the buyers send the money to the middle man also (who is bonded thru the forum)to be sure both parties are on the up and up, when the items do not materialize,or the buyers money doesnt show up... that will also end the scams they play on the honest collectors here once and for all, and people will get their money or items back with no losses when deals dont go thru from one end or the other.

Obviously no one in the upper crust here cares about this theft of intellectual property, or the subject..as there are no rebuttals..so i beleieve the ownership still belongs to the owner technically, although they may be able to reprint it. I wont show any photos or paper objects her as a result, and suggest many who post paper items... block the majority of the items information ...that will give them less to glean, and not even post the guys name on the books or the information. And by the way these people dont care what comments you make about them, they are making money every day from stolen property from the WAF among other sites. They spit in our faces, and then laugh at us behind our backs wherever they come from.
            I've got to agree with Gary on his comments.

Personally, I find the suggestion that members from countries other than the US, Canada and the UK be "investigated" INSULTING and I'm from Wisconsin (which some consider an alien planet).

Maybe we should check and see if a potential member is black! Some say they steal you know. Or maybe they could be JEWISH! They will just try to get your item for sale at a cheaper price. Or from France! I hear they eat babies there!! Or what if they are from the Mountain States? Word on the street is that they do nothing but stockpile guns and marry their sisters.

My point is that you pretty much lumped the ilk of this business and hobby in with the rest of the Western and Eastern world using your delusional, xenophobic logic. On top of it (and what seems to be the norm with your posts) your comments were not even REMOTELY related to the topic. In this case, Soldbuchs or Wehrpasses.

Additionally, I'm embarrassed for you. Why? Because you question the spelling and speaking abilities of others yet your posts are a LITANY of syntax, spelling and grammar errors. I know, I know....I'm using all these $.50 words. Perhaps it will encourage you pick up a dictionary......or an atlas.

Warlord1944....this is your fight too. If JUONEEN had his way, the WAF would have its own secret police tracing your ISP address and investigating your parents.
            Last edited by pbuchh7715; 04-13-2010, 10:33 AM.

Comment

you know what it is.

the copy everything because those guys see the prices rise and try to pick a grain in the proces.
              Nobody can stop them.

same like drugs.
              is it illegal YES
              is there a trade in it YES
              can we stop it NO

we can not put a complete bann on products if we don t like them.
              if there is a market there is a producer to meet the demand.
              economics 1 : 1

Comment

Originally posted by the.warlord1944 View Post
                you know what it is.

the copy everything because those guys see the prices rise and try to pick a grain in the proces.
                Nobody can stop them.

same like drugs.
                is it illegal YES
                is there a trade in it YES
                can we stop it NO

we can not put a complete bann on products if we don t like them.
                if there is a market there is a producer to meet the demand.
                economics 1 : 1

hhhhhfdhddhrt

Comment

Here is the photo from second (fake) soldbuch (I sold this photo a few months ago):

1.jpg2.jpg

Translation of the reverse: "In memory of my dear Slava from Rudy!" 12.2.1942

Comment

I believe many here from there... know who is doing it, and possibly are in league with one another. So i dont trust even where people say they are from as addresses.Besides how can a guy from new york city not speak english or write it well enough...i see this all the time..id say 45% of the people listed here never speak, and are scammers... i still think many from new york and other american cities are really in other countrys. Is there a way to verify an isp address, and then trace for the same address on the waf.

I think foreign members should be investigated before allowing them for free on this site. Or just bann them all except for the usa and canada, and england.(verified) Most of these other countrys use the forum to "test "their fakes. (china ,germany, france, cz slovenia, poland especially, so maybe all should be restricted.(especially communist countrys) As i said even the german sellers of nazi items use american servers to sell their items due to increasing problems in their countrys laws regardless what germans argue here about legality disinformation.

They should not be able to access posts photos, but if they want to sell things, and we have a middle man set up for them to send items to prior,allow them to view e stand and the buyers send the money to the middle man also (who is bonded thru the forum)to be sure both parties are on the up and up, when the items do not materialize,or the buyers money doesnt show up... that will also end the scams they play on the honest collectors here once and for all, and people will get their money or items back with no losses when deals dont go thru from one end or the other.

Obviously no one in the upper crust here cares about this theft of intellectual property, or the subject..as there are no rebuttals..so i beleieve the ownership still belongs to the owner technically, although they may be able to reprint it. I wont show any photos or paper objects her as a result, and suggest many who post paper items... block the majority of the items information ...that will give them less to glean, and not even post the guys name on the books or the information. And by the way these people dont care what comments you make about them, they are making money every day from stolen property from the WAF among other sites. They spit in our faces, and then laugh at us behind our backs wherever they come from.

We have a nice forum here, but it will be the death of it, and many great items will never be seen as a result of this practice of just allowing everybody in the world to access all this technical information. It is propelling the fakers farther ahead by light years. Forum leaders...what is the plan to change the situation? What can you do for us...the honest collectors who do not manufacture fakes , but just participate for the enjoyment , and not for the scam????

wow banning EVERYONE thats not from the US canada and england(verified!!) so would this be retroactive? so can you please tell me WHY theres no(according to you) fakers in the US canada and england(verified) ?? i really really really REALLY want to see your proof and how you came to this conclusion about why no -one fakes stuff in the US canada and england(verified) FYI do a quick search on "ohio fake ribbon bars" and take a look on the fakes coming from there!! what happens if say were to do this and someone from the US faked something with pics that they got of the new look forum??im sorry but this has to be one THEE most stupid posts on this forum not only this year but well since i joined!!

Comment

since the thread is almost completely off topic I'll add my modest contribute to the discussion.
                      IMHO this is one of the bad sides of internet.On one hand we are able to get in touch with good honest serious and passionate fellow collectioners from all over the world,thus helping us to share our knowledge,our experiences,to rise questions and to get answers and informations and all these things help us to become more and more serious collectors.On the other hand also those belonging to the "dark side" of the world of militaria have more chances to find new targets and to refine their dishonest work.
                      I don't think that allowing access to the forum only to members with 100% anglo-saxon pedigree (going back to which generation?2nd,3rd,maybe 4th?)would be a solution.That would make this forum a sect,but would it for sure keep out from its barriers all the scammers and fakers(as if scammers and fakers were mainly from other Countries)?
                      I believe that the post that gave way to this discussion was originated more from frustation and the fact that it is almost impossible to prevent this kind of fraudolent actions.I used to collect german militaria,but at one time I quitted and moved to another sector of militaria (Vietnam war,well represented in another section of this Forum).Do you think the situation is different?No,absolutely.Maybe the only true difference is that the prices for original rare items have not yet reached so crazy levels as for the TR militaria.But fakes,copies and fakers.....are everywhere and just waiting for the right chance to catch someone in their traps.It's not anyway the matter of ot posting pics,or not allowing to copy them (it would not take too much time to find a way to "bypass" this obstacle)or to ask 1 € or 1 usd to copy them (if I am a faker I would pay without hesitation if the pics would help me to better create copies...).In the end the only way is cooperation between collectors,both in studying original pieces and share warnings about always new and more elaborated emerging fakes and of course study study study!

Comment

Where the heck is NOVA ???

I at least now of two NOVA, and one is a university in miami and ditto for FAIRFAX VA. THEY ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE,MANY UNIVERSTIES - ! -ARE KNOWN AS nOVA ,BUT MANY HAVE LOCAL NAMING.
                        THANKS ,
                        ALL.
                        fROM pOMPANO bEACH FL.
                        EXCUSE MY SPELLING PLEASE.

CAN ANYBODY READING HELP ME WITH MAKING A LISTING UNDER SAY ESTAND ?
                        JIM
                        since1965

Comment

Originally posted by filo1712 View Post
                          since the thread is almost completely off topic I'll add my modest contribute to the discussion.
                          IMHO this is one of the bad sides of internet.On one hand we are able to get in touch with good honest serious and passionate fellow collectioners from all over the world,thus helping us to share our knowledge,our experiences,to rise questions and to get answers and informations and all these things help us to become more and more serious collectors.On the other hand also those belonging to the "dark side" of the world of militaria have more chances to find new targets and to refine their dishonest work.
                          I don't think that allowing access to the forum only to members with 100% anglo-saxon pedigree (going back to which generation?2nd,3rd,maybe 4th?)would be a solution.That would make this forum a sect,but would it for sure keep out from its barriers all the scammers and fakers(as if scammers and fakers were mainly from other Countries)?
                          I believe that the post that gave way to this discussion was originated more from frustation and the fact that it is almost impossible to prevent this kind of fraudolent actions.I used to collect german militaria,but at one time I quitted and moved to another sector of militaria (Vietnam war,well represented in another section of this Forum).Do you think the situation is different?No,absolutely.Maybe the only true difference is that the prices for original rare items have not yet reached so crazy levels as for the TR militaria.But fakes,copies and fakers.....are everywhere and just waiting for the right chance to catch someone in their traps.It's not anyway the matter of ot posting pics,or not allowing to copy them (it would not take too much time to find a way to "bypass" this obstacle)or to ask 1 € or 1 usd to copy them (if I am a faker I would pay without hesitation if the pics would help me to better create copies...).In the end the only way is cooperation between collectors,both in studying original pieces and share warnings about always new and more elaborated emerging fakes and of course study study study!

Comment

Or just bann them all except for the usa and canada, and england.(verified)

I am from Holland, can I stay

IMO, close this thread.

Best regards from a collector from Holland

Bob

Comment

I live in Germany (but am not German), can I stay?

We all know that there are black sheep and criminal intent out there in this hobby but the key to breaking this is knowledge. Learn about what you collect (not just because it is cool) and the odds are very good that you won't get your fingers burned. You will also find that if you learn German (or French or Japanese or Italian), and you are a collector of foreign military objects, that the hobby will be even more interesting, as you can better understand the overall picture.

For the person who suggested only US members with a screening or banning of non-US members, imagine how much less you would be able to view if this segment were to be cut out!

Comment

Unbelievable - it's here again !
                                The same case as fake Johann Gudowsky´s SS-Soldbuch in this thread !
                                Copy of a original LAH Soldbuch is now for sale on Ebay :

Click !

(Item Ebay number: 170580404384)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by kuratorium; 12-18-2010, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X