• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stug Abt 303 Soldbuch

decorations page
    Attached Files

Comment

Pz Abt. 215, Pz Gren 115 Soldbuch

this has been in the collection for a long time.
      Attached Files

Comment

promotions and entry pages
        Attached Files

Comment

unit listings
          Attached Files

Comment

weapons entry (P-38) and entry for Oberfährich Schule with listing of issued items
            Attached Files

Comment

notation that he was authorized to carry a privately purchased pistol model Browning, 7.65 mm
              Attached Files

Comment

numerous hospital entries up to May, 1945
                Attached Files

Comment

decorations page and I don't believe the German Cross in gold entered 1 MAY, 1945!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jim - a fabulous contribution with the DKiG Panzer-Abteilung 215/115 Soldbuch

Just amazing... but I'd expect nothing less from you

Rob

Comment

Rob,

thanks, what do you think of the entry however, all late 1945 for DKig and he is not in the list?

best regards,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by PzV View Post
                        Rob,

thanks, what do you think of the entry however, all late 1945 for DKig and he is not in the list?

best regards,

Jim
                        Jim-

With the exception of the BWB, and maybe the EKII, the rest are a bit suspicious as they're all entered in relatively the same color ink and lack any authorization stamps, but to be honest I didn't spend any time examining them. Knowing your experience and knowledge with IDs and also the caliber of your collection I assumed that since it is actually in your collection and you posted it here that you did the correct research and determined the entries to be real. I haven't searched his name to see if he was a confirmed DKiG recipient......

Do any of the signatures on those awards appear anywhere else in the Soldbuch? How/from whom did you get it?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                          Jim-

With the exception of the BWB, and maybe the EKII, the rest are a bit suspicious as they're all entered in relatively the same color ink and lack any authorization stamps,

Rob
                          That s what i was thinking as well when i saw it.

Jim 2 nice soldbuecher for sure anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
                            That s what i was thinking as well when i saw it.
                            Were you?

Well... the handwriting on the award entries looks different enough where it would appear at first glance that they were done in different hands... Regarding the signatures; those on the CCC and DKiG appear to have been done in the same type of (blue) pencil and share similarities; the EKII, Sturmabzeichen, EKI and SWB also appear to be in the same pencil and share similarities as well... But now that I am studying the signatures for the CCC and DKiG I do think these entries warrant a much closer look!

Are there other entries in the Soldbuch with any of the same signatures?

Rob

EDIT: Notice that the last entry on page 03 appears to be entered in the almost the exact same hand as the silver wound badge award entry, and the authorizing signature for this entry on page 03 appears to be the same as the one for the DKiG. The authorizing unit for the DKiG is listed as 15.Pz.Div yet as of July 1943 the division was re-designated 15.Panzer-Grenadier Division and remained 15.Pz.Gren.Div until the end of the war. Panzer ABTEILUNG.115 was part of Pz.Gren.Div.15, but not Panzer.REGIMENT.115 which is the unit that is listed on page 03 - well, it's listed as "Regiment 115" but his last field unit that we can see is listed as Panzer-Abteilung 115, although it is crossed out.

Jim, are there any field unit entries on page 17, specifically one for Pz.Gren.Rgt.115? Could this promotion entry via "Rgt.115" on page 03 be Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment.115? Lexicon der Wehrmacht lists a Oberst Wolfgang Maucke as Regimental commander of this unit in 1944/1945.

AFAIK there was never a Panzer-Regiment 115, but I could be wrong. I am not at home and do not have access to any of my reference material... doing this on the fly while I should be getting work done!!!

Rob
                            Last edited by Rob Johnson; 06-10-2009, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Well some of these entries (last one on page 3 and some of the awards) are entered by "his unit" even though he was in the Laz. unitl after the war. What are the chances he was sent back to his unit after the war?
                              Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
                                Well some of these entries (last one on page 3 and some of the awards) are entered by "his unit" even though he was in the Laz. unitl after the war. What are the chances he was sent back to his unit after the war?
                                Jeff
                                Very good point, Jeff.

After giving the provided scans a good look, I'm now leaning towards the opinion that all of the award entries - with the exception of the black wound badge - may be fake. The promotion to Oberleutnant could very well be authentic (with the signature here used to forge the one on the awards page) - I'd like to see if there is a Pz.Gren.Rgt.115 unit entry on page 17, which would explain why it was authorized by the Regimental commander of that unit. Although, at this stage of the war, with units being constantly whittled down, reformed and combined he could have been transferred to that unit; maybe the Panzer Abteilung was down to just a few operational tanks and he was transferred to the Pz.Gren.Rgt and used as a foot soldier? Just speculation mind you...... Still odd about the date of the entry on page 03 - looks like 16.March 1945 - as according to pages 12/13 he was in hospital at this time.

Rob
                                Last edited by Rob Johnson; 06-10-2009, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 57 users online. 0 members and 57 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X