Wehrpass info
      Attached Files

Comment

SS Assault Gunner "Nederland"

More wehrpass infomation
        Attached Files

Comment

This SS assault gunner went missing in action on 13 March 44 around the village of Lilienbach. This village was located I believe on the northern part of the Narva Bridgehead. This was the scene of some really hard combat. Tieke's book Tragedy of the Faithful on page 469 shows a StuG on the Narva Bridgehead (dated 11 March44) of SS PzJag Abt 54 located at "Schotfeld
          Lilienbach".
          Attached Files

Comment

Last document.
            Attached Files

Comment

SS Pz Abt.16

Here is one from a member the SS Pz Gr. 24 Danmark, who was trasnfered to the SS Pz Abt. 16 RFSS.
              Quite a rare unit
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow... I am absolutely blown away by some of the Panzer/AFV crew member Soldbücher and Wehrpässe posted here! You just have to love those black and field gray wrapper photos I'm in the process of taking some pics and will post a few of mine over the next few days. Sorry for the delay, but work and the Easter holiday had me extremely busy running around with no free time...

Rob

Comment

Indeed, fantastic material presented here Lads !!!

It would be nice to see more of AJ's ID posted in # 132...

*** The "SS Pz. Gren. Ausb. u. Ers. Batl. 3" stationed in Warschau was in the thick of the first
                  (1943) "Warsaw Uprising". It would be interesting to see the remainder of this book to piece together the time period in which he served with that Unit.

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

I do not have much time unfortunately but here is one worse for wear!

A Soldbuch that belonged to SS Junker u. Oberscharführer Fritz Schäffer.

He served with SS Pz.Rgt. 5 "Wiking" and lastly Regiment "Holzer", unforunately being killed 24.4.1945.

This Soldbuch and a few papers came from a family member, reported to have been found on his body in 1951!?!?!?!?
                    Attached Files
                    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

The best I could make from 4 photos!!!
                      Attached Files

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

As you can see, some of the entries are barely legible!!!

In the right light you can make out EK II but no idea what the other award is.
                        I presume the wound badge as he was wounded in Russia then concvalesced and retrained with SS PZ.Ausb.u.Ers.Rgt., of which SS Ostubaf. Friedrich Holzer was the Commander!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Another............
                          Last edited by Ian Jewison; 06-24-2009, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Awards:

Comment

Comment

Medic with Panzer Lehr Division
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X