Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
    Just got a new soldbuch, to a Stug guy.
    There is also a photoalbum full with photo´s of him and stug´s and him on stugs.

But the seller wants a high price, so i´m still negotiating on that!

I got a few scans of the album, i will post a few pictures of them as well.

Rick-

I hope you and the seller are able to negotiate a fair price for the grouping

Just a FYI: one of the StuG photos in the album (not shown here in this thread) is actually a model. It's the photo that shows a StuG "driving" down a dirt road, past a broken telephone pole with a burning house in the background. It's a particularly odd picture... I think it may be a propaganda photo? It had (and still has!) me stumped!

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
      Romanian Volunteer in the s.Pz.Abt.507 TIGER
      Very nice Daniele

Comment

Looks very promising! The block-style CH (Chefgeschütz) on the back of the gun is interesting to me. I don't remember having seen it from 191st.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
          Rick-

I hope you and the seller are able to negotiate a fair price for the grouping

Just a FYI: one of the StuG photos in the album (not shown here in this thread) is actually a model. It's the photo that shows a StuG "driving" down a dirt road, past a broken telephone pole with a burning house in the background. It's a particularly odd picture... I think it may be a propaganda photo? It had (and still has!) me stumped!

Rob.
          Rob, we did and i bought the album as well!
          How do you know this, you got this grouping offered to you as well?
          It actualy are 3 photo's, all on one page. They have stumped me as well.
          Very strange photo's, the buildings on the background look funny.
          I was thinking about propaganda as well.
          I'll make some good scans when i get the album.
          I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
          My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
            Looks very promising! The block-style CH (Chefgeschütz) on the back of the gun is interesting to me. I don't remember having seen it from 191st.
            On which photo do you see that?
            I can make a better scan for you if you want.
            I assume that a Chefgeschütz was for commanders? can you tell me more about it?
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Rick,

On your first photo posted in thread # 1349, at the back on the right, it shows CH.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post

Rob, we did and i bought the album as well!
                How do you know this, you got this grouping offered to you as well?

It actualy are 3 photo's, all on one page. They have stumped me as well.
                Very strange photo's, the buildings on the background look funny.
                I was thinking about propaganda as well.
                I'll make some good scans when i get the album.

Hi Rick-

Yes, it was offered to me a few weeks ago.

I think that the "StuG" might be a wooden training model (?) You might want to consider placing a watermark on your photos...
                For some time now people have been downloading photos from here and other online discussion forums and selling copies on eBay

Rob

Comment

Hi Rick-

Yes, it was offered to me a few weeks ago.

I think that the "StuG" might be a wooden training model (?) You might want to consider placing a watermark on your photos...
                  For some time now people have been downloading photos from here and other online discussion forums and selling copies on eBay

Rob
                  I was thinking the same, but those models have a high quality detail!
                  I just bought a book about Stug-Abt. 191, but do you happen to have got any info on this unit? (I know about the WH lexikon and Sturmvogel website).
                  Yea, good idea to watermark.. normaly i do that.. but i was lazy this time

Comment

Originally posted by Eric-Jan Bakker View Post
                    Rick,

On your first photo posted in thread # 1349, at the back on the right, it shows CH.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan
                    Ahh yes, thanks!
                    Do you know more about a CH stug? who drove them?

Comment

Hi Rick,
                      Wow!
                      Now, that is a fantastic StuG grouping! I just love to see the early soldbuchs with photo albums.
                      Thank you for sharing,
                      Curtiss

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
                        I got the album now.
                        That picture was made early in 1943, at truppenübungsplatz jüterbog when they created Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 259.
                        So this stug was not from 191 but 259.

Comment

Rick,

Glad you were able to keep everything together.

Rob

Comment

Rick,

Glad you were able to keep everything together.

Rob
                            Yes i´m happy with the album myself aswell!
                            If you check the soldbuch its hard to see when and how long he was with the 191st, as he got various training in between.
                            But some photo´s in the soldbuch got dates on them or show a specific place which i can identify with a book about the 191st.

I´m still struggling with a question though.. maybe you can assist?
                            I´m trying to find out what his job included.
                            He was a Hauptwachtmeister, but he got combat awards and the album shows photo´s that he made when on a Stug (or show him on a stug).
                            Not really the kompanie truppe that you would expect with a Hauptfeldwebel.
                            Also, in a book about the 191st he wasn´t listed as Hauptfeldwebel (other names on the jobs).
                            This confuses me, as he was with the 191st from the beginning (there is some text written on page 6 that tells this).

Comment

Thought I'd bring this one back up to see if anyone else has any AFV crew member IDs they'd like to contribute

Rob

Comment

Hi guys,

With the recent discussions about "Großdeutschland" IDs and document groupings I thought I'd share some of my Panzer/StuG related "Großdeutschland" Soldbücher here. Hopefully this will also get some of you posting more of your Panzer, Panzerjäger, StuG, etc. crew member IDs

First on deck is a "Führer-Grenadier-Division" Soldbuch to a soldier by the name of Hermann Howeg.The Soldbuch is a replacement, issued on 2.November 1944 through the
                                Genesenden-Batterie/Stu.Gesch.Ers.u.Ausb.Abt.200. On the inside front cover is a very nice photo of Howeg wearing a field gray wrap. You can clearly see that he wears the
                                early style collar tabs which have had their metal Totenkopf removed, and while not very visible in the scan, also visible in the photo are the "200" marked slip-on tabs on Howeg's
                                shoulder straps. You can also just make out the top of Howeg's GAB.

According to the entries on page 22, Howeg was awarded the eastern front medal in October 1942, the KVK.II with swords on 1.September 1943, the GAB on 17.July 1944 followed
                                by the Iron Cross second class just 8 days later, and, on 12.October 1944, the back wound badge for shrapnel wounds he received around mid-September of the same year. All of
                                these awards were received while Howeg was serving with Sturmgeschütz-Abt.226. My guess is that Howeg lost his Soldbuch when he was wounded and, after being released from
                                hospital and upon his return to his training and replacement unit, was issued this replacement (just speculation of course). In late-January 1945 Howeg was transferred to
                                4.(Sturmgeschütz)Kompanie/"Führer-Grenadier-Division" and shortly after to the 5./Panzer-Abt."Führer-Grenadier-Division" which was outfitted with Panthers. As you can see from
                                pages 6/7, on 4.Feb.1945 Howeg was issued black Sonderbekleidung. By late March 1945, after near-constant combat in and around Stargard, Lauban and Küstrin, the surviving
                                companies had been consolidated and were fighting with a mix of Panthers, Jagdpanthers, Jagdpanzer IV L/70s, Panzer IVs, StuG.IIIs and StuG.IVs. In early April the
                                "Führer-Grenadier-Division" was fighting in and around Vienna and by mid April was assembled in defensive positions northeast of Vienna, around Korneuburg and Leobendorf, just east of Stockerau where it remained until the end of the war. Notice that Howeg was issued a P38 on 5.May 1945 (!)

On 9.May 1945 the "FGD" surrendered to the US Army and four days later, on 13.May 1945, was handed over to the Russians.

Howeg went into Soviet captivity but it is not known whether or not he survived; he's not listed on the Volksbund website, however his Soldbuch surfaced out of a Soviet archive in the
                                early 1990s so it's quite possible he passed away while imprisoned and his Soldbuch filed away after his death.

Here are a few scans of some of the entires:
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Rob Johnson; 05-24-2012, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X