Lets see your Panzer crew member Soldbuchs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stormfighter View Post
    Many years ago, a long-time friend of mine, Robert Cress from Long Island, New York, now unfortunately deceased, acquired the Soldbuch, award documents and wartime photos directly from Oberfeldwebel Friedrich Rapp, who served with the "Grossdeutschland" Panzer Regiment. Rapp received the Tank Assault Badge in Silver, the E.K. II, the E.K. I, Wound Badge in Black, Wound Badge in Silver (he lost his right arm!), German Cross in Gold and the "25" Tank Assault Badge. Before Robert died, he sold Rapp's awards and some of his photos to me. After Robert died, Robert's wife reportedly sold Robert's collection, including Rapp's Soldbuch and award documents, to Wolfe and Hardin in California.
    I am posting photocopies of the Soldbuch, award documents and some of Rapp's photos. I would love to re-unite Rapp's medals with his Soldbuch, award documents and other original photos, so I am asking everyone to keep their eyes open for them. I believe that a collector in the U.S. probably has them. I would pay a great price for the documents and Soldbuch and also can offer some great items for trade.

Barry

WOW... That is one hell of a nice Soldbuch Hands down the nicest Pz.Rgt."GD" Soldbuch I have seen to date!

Good luck in trying to track it down, Barry! Stupid question, but have you tried asking W&H? If whoever they sold it to still has it in their possession, at the very least they can contact the collector and ask him to get in touch with you. Or, if it has since been sold/traded off perhaps they might know who the current owner is.

Rob

Comment

-----
      Attached Files

Comment

-------
        Attached Files

Comment

--------
          Attached Files

Comment

this looks like a great group Barry!hope you can manage to find the soldbuch!

Comment

----------
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the coments Erwin Dennis & Rob
                The Hummel soldbuch is very interessting.

Comment

Hello
                  My other panzer soldbuch for this post.
                  Have a nice day.
                  Olivier

Comment

Originally posted by davycroquet1944 View Post
                    Hello
                    My other panzer soldbuch for this post.
                    Have a nice day.
                    Olivier

Ah yes, I remember this one. One of the best black SS wrapper portrait photos I've ever seen in a SS Soldbuch. Olivier, you should really consider placing a watermark on those scans/photos!! I'd also recommend not posting such large and high-resolution files; The fakers and fraudsters will have a field day with these.

Great Soldbuch!
                    Rob

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                            Well, as you (or was it Floris?) said, some things can't be shown and need to be kept private for certain reasons Rob
                            I saw i didn't reply proper to your reply because i was in a hurry last sunday. Some family anniversaries. You're completely correct i said these words. Referrering to the Holland 1944 thread. The reason i said that was that at time it was getting a bit annoying that some other collectors were only "fishing" in the Holland 1944 thread, for their own interest, while some collectors were trying to make an interesting thread about the fightings in Holland.

For me this was the reason i stopped posting in the thread and that i rather share my goodies with a few collecting friends who appreciate to share things and talk about. So this was the reason why i said these words and that's why i rather keep some things private.

To be honest: A few years back it was fun to share items and experience on the document forum and other forums. Talk about it, help each other, share things etc. But imho nowadays the fun times have changed. Money and greed are taking over, instead off the real collecting interest. Some people let themselves let by greed and money and want to have it all no matter what. As long as they can have it all is what counts

Some people are only here to sell. Like the hidden sales threads with interesting items, are popping up frequently and are annoying to. The owners are so happy with it and how the got it from the family or found it in a house. No plans to sell it, if we may believe them. Asking questions or more information about the item and especially what it is worth and that kind of crab. Some fellow collectors are looking for information to help and posting it in the thread, while others already have send the pm's to make a deal/or offers/or begging to buy it.

I hope this will change in the future but i have a hard head in it, but still a small piece of faith.

Regards

Erwin

PS about the Hummel group. It looks like a fantastic group which may be worth a good research and publishing. I completely understand you only post page 17. Did you ever think about writting a book yourself about this group? It would defenitely be a great book. It will eat a lot of free time for sure to write it.

Comment

Many years ago, a long-time friend of mine, Robert Cress from Long Island, New York, now unfortunately deceased, acquired the Soldbuch, award documents and wartime photos directly from Oberfeldwebel Friedrich Rapp, who served with the "Grossdeutschland" Panzer Regiment. Rapp received the Tank Assault Badge in Silver (this is the only original document that I have, which is signed by von Arnim), the E.K. II, the E.K. I, Wound Badge in Black, Wound Badge in Silver (he lost his right arm!), German Cross in Gold and the "25" Tank Assault Badge. Before Robert died, he sold Rapp's awards and some of his photos to me. After Robert died, Robert's wife reportedly sold Robert's collection, including Rapp's Soldbuch and award documents, to Wolfe and Hardin in California.
                              I am posting photocopies of the Soldbuch, award documents and some of Rapp's photos. I would love to re-unite Rapp's medals with his Soldbuch, award documents and other original photos, so I am asking everyone to keep their eyes open for them. I believe that a collector in the U.S. probably has them. I would pay a great price for the documents and Soldbuch and also can offer some great items for trade.

Barry
                              I hope you will be able to find the rest of the group in the future so you can re-unite it. It looks like an amazing group from a true combat Pz Soldier who served in the GD division.

Good luck

Regards

Erwin

Comment

Many years ago, a long-time friend of mine, Robert Cress from Long Island, New York, now unfortunately deceased, acquired the Soldbuch, award documents and wartime photos directly from Oberfeldwebel Friedrich Rapp, who served with the "Grossdeutschland" Panzer Regiment. Rapp received the Tank Assault Badge in Silver (this is the only original document that I have, which is signed by von Arnim), the E.K. II, the E.K. I, Wound Badge in Black, Wound Badge in Silver (he lost his right arm!), German Cross in Gold and the "25" Tank Assault Badge. Before Robert died, he sold Rapp's awards and some of his photos to me. After Robert died, Robert's wife reportedly sold Robert's collection, including Rapp's Soldbuch and award documents, to Wolfe and Hardin in California.

Barry

Hi Barry,

it would be a great group in your wonderful collection ...good luck my friend!!

Ciao
                                Roberto

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X