• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Last one
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's another one from my collection I am very happy to share with all of you, a Soldbuch to Unteroffizier Mathias Bliem who was most likely a StuG commander in 3./Sturmgeschütz Brigade "Großdeutschland" and was awarded the GAB25 on 24.Dec.1944

The Soldbuch is a replacement which was issued on 11.August 1944 and the portrait photo shows Bliem wearing a field gray wrap In addition to the GAB25 Bliem also received the EKII, EKI, GAB, drivers badge in bronze and black wound badge.

This very Soldbuch is featured in volume 1 (pages 40 - 48) of Scott Pritchett's outstanding three-volume Uniforms and Insignia of the Grosdeutschland Division and I would like to thank Scott once more for selling me this outstanding numbered Assault badge "Großdeutschland" StuG Soldbuch

Rob
        Attached Files

Comment

Pages 2/3
          Attached Files

Comment

Units page, with 3./StuG.Brgd."Großdeutschland" entry
            Attached Files

Comment

Entry for Bliem's P38
              Attached Files

Comment

Hospitalizations. Notice he was wounded in early Feb. 1945
                Attached Files

Comment

Security checks. Notice the two very nice "Sturmgeschütz Abteilung "Großdeutschland" stamps:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bliem's awards page, including the award entry for is GAB25 underlined in red.
                    Attached Files

Comment

One last shot
                      Attached Files

Comment

Soldbuch - 1.Panzer-Division, Pz.Jäg.Abt.37

I know there are more AFV crew IDs out there so hopefully we'll see some of them posted here

Here's another ID from my collection that my friend Angel F. should appreciate a Soldbuch to Werner Müller who was from Bielefeld and served in Panzerjäger-Abt.37 (1.Panzer-Division) from mid-1943 through wars end when he went into captivity after surrendering to the US Army in Austria.

Starting in roughly June/July of 1943 Müller served in 3./Pz.Jäg.Abt.37 which was outfitted first with towed PaK.40s and later, Marder IIIs. Around Jan./Feb. 1944 Müller was transferred to the Stabskompanie/Pz.Jäg.Abt.37 which at that time was outfitted with three Marder IIIs. From March to April Müller was out of action due to Malaria but was back in the field after a quick recovery.

Shortly after Müller returned to his unit it was re-equipped with new vehicles: The 2.Kompanie and Stabskompanie each received StuG.III (three in the Stabskompanie where Müller was serving) and the 1.Kompanie received the SdKfz.164 Nashorn mounting the extremely accurate and deadly 8,8-cm PaK 43/1

On 31.July 1944 Müller received the GAB, entered into his Soldbuch through the Stabskomp./Pz.Jäg.Abt.37. Without any Kampftage sheets to verify the dates It's difficult to say for certain but there's a very good chance that Müller received his GAB while serving as a Marder III and/or StuG.III crew member with either the 3.Kompanie, Stabskompanie, or possibly even both.

There were very few entries made in Müller's Soldbuch in 1945 but there's a entry on page 9 dated "June 25th 1945" indicating that Müller was deloused with DDT after going into American captivity, so he was definitely with the 1.Panzer-Division from June of 1944 through the end of the war.

On the inside front cover is a beautiful portrait photo of Müller wearing a field gray wrapper with Totenkopf collar tabs

Here are some scans, I hope you enjoy them
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here's a larger scan of Müller's portrait photo
                          Attached Files

Comment

Pages 2/3:
                            Attached Files

Comment

pages 4/5 - Müller's units:
                              Attached Files

Comment

pages 6/7
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 64 users online. 0 members and 64 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X