Lets see your Panzer crew member Soldbuchs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panzer Rob View Post
    Thought I'd bring this back up to the top to see if we can't get a few more contributions

Best,
    Rob
    Perhaps you can show some of yours instead asking others👍💃

Comment

Thought I'd bring this back up to the top to see if we can't get a few more contributions

Best,
      Rob

Comment

Best,
        Rob

Rob

With all respect but with this bumps all the time people might think that you only start this thread to search for new soldbucher to add in your own collection or to claim the first right of refusal on them....
        It wouldn't be my first thought but I can imagine other people do.
        So it would be nice of you to post some off your own collection or the ones you have the first right of refusal for them, instead of asking other people all the time to do so...

Don't let them wait to the yearly black and gey wrapper parade off you at the end of the year, they might looking forward to....

Well, here is another one of my collection, including his original wartime medals and officer shoulderboard. A fellow collectior has a picture, were you can see he is awarded this EK1. Today, 71 years ago he rejoined his unit, after being wounded days before during the fightings in Belgium, during the beginning of Operation Market Garden

Perhaps you can post the Soldbuch of the Schwere Panzerjager unit which your Dutch buddies would find particularly interesting if we may believe you...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=641211&page=2 post 23

Soldbuch to a schwere-Panzerjäger unit one of my Dutch buddies would find particularly interesting

Best,
        Rob
        Best

Erwin
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Erwin L; 09-17-2015, 02:51 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
          Rob

With all respect but with this bumps all the time people might think that you only start this thread to search for new soldbucher to add in your own collection or to claim the first right of refusal on them....

It wouldn't be my first thought but I can imagine other people do.

Best

Erwin
          During my years as a Moderator here on WAF I often received Emails and PMs from members complaining about Rob's "Lets See Your....." threads.
          It seems to be a never ending story of fishing for material.

I always thought that we did have the e-stand for such posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric JB View Post
            During my years as a Moderator here on WAF I often received Emails and PMs from members complaining about Rob's "Lets See Your....." threads.
            It seems to be a never ending story of fishing for material.

In all honesty through this thread I've actually sold more IDs than I have acquired (the latter of which can be counted on one hand) so naturally I find it most amusing whenever the "fishing accusations" are once again trolled up and thrown around by the same few folks.

There have been several other "Let's see your xxxxx items" threads started in a number of the Sub Forums here at WAF over the years. I wasn't the first person to do start this kind of thread and while I can only - once again - state that I did not start my thread for any reason other than for sharing and discussing AFV crew IDs, I also know for a fact that I'm not the only one who has bought and sold items through these threads and so I really don't understand the perpetual whining and complaining over why I supposedly started this thread... unless of course it's meant to start yet another argument due to what I can only imagine is sheer boredom, or in an envious attempt to derail and tarnish a thread that has been contributed to and enjoyed by a number of collectors over the last several years. If it's a personal matter then I believe it should be taken up via the Moderator staff and the one making the accusations. Otherwise for the love of God and all things holy shut the hell up and move along.

I've contributed some of my IDs here as well as in other threads on WAF over the years and will continue post others as time permits.

Have a good one [emoji106]

Comment

Hello Gentlemen,
              Well, to simple me, I have always enjoyed this thread and I didn't see any evil motives for it.
              Thank you,
              Curtiss

Comment

IMO militaria collectors are all a bit mercenary in their wants and desires. Some hide it better than others. This type of thread brings out the both the best and worse in all of us. Still it is nice to enjoy postings in this thread.
                Last edited by brooksbz; 09-19-2015, 10:08 AM.

Comment

I was very happy to get this Soldbuch that was brought back from Normandy by a U.S. veteran. Albert Kretschmer originally served with the 72. Infanterie-Division on the Eastern Front, where he earned the Tank Assault Badge in Bronze, the Eastern Front Medal, and the Iron Cross 2nd Class. Kretschmer suffered from a condition called venous ulcer of his left lower leg. Like many other infantrymen suffering from leg issues, he transferred to the Panzerwaffe (Panzer Arm). Kretschmer was trained as a Richtschütze (Gunner) of a Panzer IV and when the 2. Panzer-Division refitted in Amiens, France, in late 1943, Kretschmer was assigned to the 7. Kompanie of Panzer-Regiment 3 commanded by Oberleutnant Jans (Oblt. Jans' signature appears six times in the Soldbuch). On 15 March 1944, Kretschmer was issued a second-issue Soldbuch because his original was no longer useable. The next day, he was isued a P-38.

In the back pocket of the Soldbuch are several photos, including a photo of the 7. Kompanie in the field. There is also a rare Merkblatt (Information Sheet) concerning how to prevent barrel bursts, a Rohrbuch (Record Log for a Gun Barrel) that Kretschmer kept that notes the exact type of 7,5 cm barrel that was attached to his Panzer IV H or J and also the chassis number of his tank, and last but not least, a handwritten page titled Besondere Postenanweisung (Special Orders). In Section 2 of this page, Kretschmer notes that he is the 1. Uffz. (Lead NCO), who was assigned to the Panzer 701 of Oberleutnant Jans. Also in the back pocket of the Soldbuch are an information sheet about the Sherman tank, a print showing the Last Supper that was given to Kretschmer by the Catholic priest of the 2. Panzer-Division, K. Jost, and his award document for the Eastern Front Medal (the original of this document must have been lost because it was issued by Panzer-Regiment 3 on 20 April 1944, not by the 72. Infanterie-Division on 30 July 1942). The award document was signed by the regimental commander of Panzer-Regiment 3, Oberst Traugott Köhn, who was killed in Normandy on 20 July 1944.

Panzer-Regiment 3 of the 2. Panzer-Division joined the fighting in Normandy in July 1944 and enaged the British 50th Infantry Division and 7th Armoured Division. Most of the 2. Panzer-Division was encircled and destroyed in the Falaise Pocket in August 1944. The last entry in Kretschmer's Soldbuch is 18 May 1944. Because his name does not appear on the German War Graves website, I assume that Kretschmer was captured in July or August 1944.

Barry
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Stormfighter; 09-23-2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

--
                    Attached Files

Comment

---
                      Attached Files

Comment

----
                        Attached Files

Comment

-----
                          Attached Files

Comment

------
                            Attached Files

Comment

-------
                              Attached Files

Comment

--------
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 72 users online. 0 members and 72 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X