No announcement yet.

Lets see your Panzer crew member Soldbuchs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In August 1943 he got malaria and was hospitalized for at least a month.
    Its unknown for how long as the hospital pages were full. A new one was glued on top but it was removed again at some time.

After this he went to Schule für Fahnenjunker der Artillerie. He was put in the Artillerie-Lehr-Regiment of this school.
    In late 1943 the order came to send all Lehr units to France to create a Lehr Division, the Panzer-Lehr-Division.
    He was put in the Stabsbatterie of II. Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment 130.
    This Regiment had Hummel's and Wespe's. I don't know if this soldier was in one of them.. but i hope so!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Admiraal; 11-08-2015, 05:34 PM.
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

More pics:
      Attached Files
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

He was with the Panzer-Lehr-Division during the Allied invasion of Normandy.
        Earning the EK II during the battles at Tilly-sur-Seulles (Next to Caen).
        And the Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz on 6-7-1944.

As the glued in hospital page is missing, its unknown if this soldier stayed with his unit after getting wounded.
        But the fact that his unit wrote down the woundbadge instead of a hospital might indicate that a bit.

I know that he was with the unit in late August 1944, as they made an entry in the soldbuch for a private purchased pistol.
        And a security check on page 15 in september. But i'm not sure if he was with the unit at St.Lo and Falaise.

Last entry of the unit was a promotion to Unteroffizier on 13-4-1945, this was made by the 9th Batterie of the Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment.
        So he could have been with the Panzer-Lehr-Division during the Ardennes-Offensive.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Admiraal; 11-08-2015, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Nice soldbuch and nice picture

Comment

Hummel was equiped in 3. / pz.art., I.Batallion

Comment

Thanks guys

PanzerElite, do you know what they had in the Stab of I.Bataillon?
              I made a mistake in the story, he was in I.Bataillon, not II. Bataillon.

Comment

i am not sure as i never research Pz.Lehr.Div. (because not so many example in our eyes), but if he was in I.Btl. and stabs, i think this unit was equiped with Pz.Haub.

Comment

Originally posted by Notebaert David View Post
                  Not a Panzer crew, but a nice Dutch volunteer in the Westland, pictured against regulations with headgear.

The man in the image of this book is not related to the owner of the book.
                  The order to install the photo came out in November 1943, a mass insert was in the spring and summer of 1944. Now, look at the photo tunic M43, M44 caps, rank: Private. We look at the title in the book: he was SS-Shturmann in 1941. Finally clip rust and oxides

Comment

Sad to see that one of the best threads on the forum has no activity for over a year. A small contribution:

A friend offered me this Soldbuch some times ago, I was very happy with. Soldbuch of the 1./ SS-Panzer Regiment 2 „Das Reich" which was equipped with Panther tanks. Kalwa fought as a Panther crew member on the Ostront, in Normandy and during the Battle of the Bulge. There are signatures of at least 2 Ritterkreuz recipients and 3 DKIG recipients in it! From the NARA files we could see he was an officer in the SD before he went to the Waffen-SS. He was also an early member of the NSDAP, the SA and the NSKK!

Aram
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by mtdr; 10-26-2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Here's mine. A tank driver of Pz Rgt 36, who fought in Stalingrad and later in Courland pocket.
                      He was awarded the panzer badge, the EK2, the ostmedaille, the driver badge in gold and the wounded badge in black.

Greg.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Thanks for showing.

I thought I hadn't showed this one over here.

D-Day Soldbuch of Herr Marschner, 4./ Panzer-Regiment 100 (4./ Panzer-Regiment 22) , 21 Panzer Division. This Panzerkompanie attacked the area of Ranville - Benouville on D-Day as part of Kampfgruppe von Luck! Their mission was to recapture the famous Pegasus Bridge and Horsa Bridge of the famous Ox and Bucks! We all know them from the movie "The Longest Day" when they stormed the bridge. The third Normandy Panzer-Regiment 100 in black wrapper Soldbuch in the collection.

Aram
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great additions ! And congratulations for the two Normandie related Sb. Aram.
                            Can you show some others pages of these ?

Comment

Thanks Y-M! Probably interesting to show some pages with the signatures of the SS-Panzer-Regiment 2 "Das Reich" Soldbuch! As said at least 2 Ritterkreuz recipients and 3 DKIG recipients put their signatures in this Soldbuch.

The indentified signatures:

Page3 30/11/1943 1./SS-Pz.Rgt. „Das Reich“ SS-Ustuf Jozef Zacharias(DKIG)
                              Page3 01/10/1944 1./SS-Pz.Rgt. „Das Reich“ SS-Ostuf Karl Mühleck(RK)
                              Page21 23/10/1943 Feldpostnummer 28454 SS-Hstuf Friederich Holzer(RK + DKIG)
                              Page22 01/09/1944 SS-Pz.Rgt.2 SS-Ostuf Karl Mühleck(RK)
                              Page23 22/06/1943 I./SS-Pz.Rgt. „Das Reich“ SS-Ustuf Heinz Rothermund
                              Page23 10/01/1944 I./SS-Pz.Rgt. „Das Reich“ SS-Ustuf Jozef Zacharias(DKIG)
                              Page31 23/10/1943 Feldpostnummer 28454 SS-Hstuf Friederich Holzer(RK + DKIG)
                              Page31 10/01/1944 Feldpostnummer 28454 SS-Ustuf Jozef Zacharias(DKIG)

Hope you like it!

Aram
                              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice !
                                What is the latest unit of the SS Pz Regt. 2 member ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 61 users online. 0 members and 61 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X