Very nice EK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice EK2

Got this from a member and wanted to share some pictures. It will add a slightly different dimention to the crosses in the collection as I didnt have a cross with the "frosty" frame but now I do.

Ring is marked but I can't make it out.

Looks to be unmessed with...not cleaned, core not repainted.

Thanks for looking and added comments.
    Attached Files

Suspension loop slightly bent, no big deal to me. Ring still connected and maker marked, just can't make it out.
    Attached Files

Comment

After viewing the ring with a stronger loop and sunny outside conditions the marking appears to be 92 for Josef Rucker & Sohn.

Comment

92 maker not made EK2 ,the pictures very vague ,but for menot like it this the cross

Comment

Odd maker mark : looks like a post war type mark ? The last number is a ' 2 ' - .
          The first number might be a "3" ? - Legit 2 digit numbers ending with a 2 are : 22 - 52 and 92 ..... which it does not match .
          The EK2 seams to be a standard S&L type . So to me an "added" number post war .

Douglas
          Attached Files

Comment

I did see that 92 is a legit EK2 maker according to the data here on the WAF.

I will try to get a better photo of the maker later tonight.

Comment

core looks as S&L so lets see what maker mark shows to us - if legit or postwar.

Comment

It's probably Boerger (=22)

Regards
                Jareks

Comment

Sorry for the long delay. My camera skills are crap and this is the best I can do with the camera I have.

Now it looks more like 93 and not 92.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I am trying to judge the cross, not the illegible (from pictures) signature. Signature in crosses Simm & Sohne "93" is block (as in "my" photos) and a small ring much thinner ... but I can be wrong

Regards
                    Jarek
                    Attached Files

Comment

looks like 93 now

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X