No announcement yet.

The Rounder - Technical Aspects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall, when a RK winner received Oaks, he was presented with another cross. Consider the Heinrich Paepcke group. Cross and Cross w/Oaks.

Comment

Brian, how do you know this?
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

Pascal got his RK, I got the RK and Oaks. Fully and completely documented with family.

Comment

I must have mis-understood your statement! Sorry, I thought you meant as a 'rule' all Oaks awardees recieved an additional cross upon presentation.
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Oh, I thought that a single comparison and knowledge base of ONE was good enough? What did I miss? Not cynical, not sarcastic. But aren't these the rules of the discussion?

I would certainly not discount the fact that vets owned more than one cross! It's been seen over and over. And how did widows acquire crosses?

I knew this oaks photo would be shown here and get exactly that conclusion.

Comment

I see! Rudel would have had 4 crosses then.
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

By the rules of '1'. Should we agree a sample of one is not good enough? That would be progress.

Comment

Galland then should have had a few crosses......yet his brother in the mid 50's +/- was attempting to replace his awards to include a 3200DM Diamond Oaks & Swords.

As a Police high official I suspect that he had some 'pull' to replace his brother's awards but I question what happened to the multiple crosses he would have recieved?
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

Dave I'm not being serious. People did whatever people did and people wanted to do and could do. If a vet was awarded oaks and wanted a new cross I'm sure he could obtain one, in wartime. If a vet then got swords, again, I'm sure he could get one. Diamonds, etc., I'm sure he could get one. I'm also sure when you're flying missions over the Eastern Front or anywhere against overwhelming odds a bit of superstition fits into the equation. If me, I would have kept my original cross for gluck. It's all so subjective, of course. No absolutes here.

Comment

Thanks now I get it Brian.....this internet stuff takes away from the intent and meaning of the post!!!
                      Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

Thanks Marshall for the pic!
                        This clearly is not a rounder.

Group offered to me was without oak leaves. I had some doubts about the seller, so I passed the grouping and didn't bother to check it more thoroughly. ( He offered money back guarantee etc., but aren't they giving those promises also on ebay )

L

Originally posted by Biro
                        That would have been some grouping Larry.....!!

It wouldn't, however, have contained a Rounder.....

Marshall

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X