• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

So the wear I've shown is not natural because it's extrem?

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Wow! I didn't say that at all....I posted for demonstration because your post was very close and blurry.
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

Okay, so it is a picture of wear, but just extrem (and blurry, sorry).

Dietrich
          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Ok, I've had a quick drink...should be better now!!!
            Attached Files
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Attached Files
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

Attached Files
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

Attached Files
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

Attached Files
                    Regards,
                    Dave

Comment

Dave,

please elaborate a little bit more on the points of wear. Is it the patina, the flaking paint, ..?

Dietrich
                      B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Originally posted by h009291
                        Well nice pics Marc .. but I can see it coming already .. so as they say ...

IBTL
                        Getting closer

I guess the IGNORE options are off since everyone knows what evryone else is saying now

Comment

All of it Dietrich! The wear and tear of daily bangs and bruises....there really isn't a 'pattern' to be seen as there's wear everywhere at all of the high points.
                          The wear is consistant whether it's the paint or the surface of the frame.....one's eye isn't drawn to a particular area if you understand what I mean!
                          Regards,
                          Dave

Comment

I think Dave's cross and the rounder having different paint will react differently to abuse. The high organic paint may be more prone to chipping.
                            Last edited by Brian S; 03-28-2005, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Yes, I guess so. Wear is a combined factor. If one item, lets say missing paint, sticks out and everything else is pristine (to bring the point across) something is screwy. It the whole picture that counts. I completely agree.

Dietrich
                              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

I would like everyone involved in this thread (and in every other thread in the "Crosses" Forum, actually) to re-read this section from the Association rules on "Posting Conduct" and then go back through this thread (and any other thread) and remove any comments that could even loosely be construed as a personal attack. Thank you.

"1) While we encourage lively discussion, we will not tolerate personal attacks, disrespectful comments, or disingenuous remarks toward any person (including their contributions and posts on the forums) or any organization. Any person disparaging another forum member or organization in this regard, or violating forum rules and/or promoting any views that are not in harmony with the Code of Conduct, may have their comments either edited or removed without notice. Any future incident thereafter may result in that member being permanently removed from the forum." (Emphasis added.)

(If this thread isn't cleaned up of personal attacks by tomorrow morning, I will go through it with a chain saw.)
                                George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X