X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi jim,

can you post a picture of the soldier?

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 04-23-2005, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Here are two tables which Stefan did some time ago. I would like to post them for the helpfull people currently looking at possible Rounder pictures.
        Attached Files
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

... and the second one. Stefan is a very involved and detailled investigator of the Rounders...
          Attached Files
          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Hello?

There are still some people waiting to hear from Tom why contemporary pictures showing a RK with rounded inner corners could not be the Rounder we are talking about.

Any substantial explanation? Something more scientific then just making the subtile suggestion that all such photos are doctored in?

Dietrich
            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

A rounder- This is a juncker L/12 "rounder"

Comment

Here is a rounder with provenance. This is my rounder.

This is the problem with the photo analysis. These are straight on clean shots. They look like round corners. Put a little blur and an angle on any juncker cross with finished corners and it looks like a rounder. Throw in the crosses added in to photos in the studio and it makes photo interpretation pretty messy buisness.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by tom hansen; 03-26-2005, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Tom,

nice pieces, no doubt. But what makes you think that ALL pictures that show a RK with round corners are Juncker? There is this other unknown cross from Detlev also, and the Rounder. So how do you determine what is what?

Dietrich
                  B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

That is the problem with this photo analysis. I don't think you could tell the difference between a rounder and a juncker with finished corners.

Comment

Originally posted by tom hansen
                      That is the problem with this photo analysis. I don't think you could tell the difference between a rounder and a juncker with finished corners.
                      Another conclusion.
                      Last edited by Brian S; 03-26-2005, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I am sure that Brian, as usual, is disputing that and claiming that he can tell the difference between the rounder and a finished cornered juncker RK.

In the absence of some special powers, I do not think, based on the above photos, that any reasonable person would believe that. Brian can belittle me all he wants, but when the facts become uncomfortable, this is the usual tactic.

Again, can any REASOBNABLE person think that they can tell the difference between a finished cornered juncker and a rounder on period photos?

Comment

belittling Dietrich's and Stephen's great work...
                          Last edited by Brian S; 03-26-2005, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I would hope that the moderators would intervene, as Brian has become more focued on his personal dislike for me than the issues at hand. That is very unfortunate.

Comment

I would hope that the moderators would intervene, as Brian has become more focued on his personal dislike for me than the issues at hand. That is very unfortunate.
                              This is a new approach, you're not taking shots at my family or calling me a Nazi. Thank you Tom.

Comment

Again, can any REASOBNABLE person think that they can tell the difference between a finished cornered juncker and a rounder on period photos?
                                And there you go, the proof is diminished before it could even be established, you are not "RESOBNABLE". (That a word?)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X