No announcement yet.

RK des KVK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bottom, Sorry about this I have my Taliban Kitty molesting me as I try to work here

Comment

The rear hinge
      Attached Files

Comment

And the ribbon, What would be the best way of tiding up the ribbon to sit in the case nice, Would I want to iron the wrinkles out?
        Attached Files

Comment

what the ...? polish???? iron the ribbon??? crikey!!! dont touch it!!! leave it alone is my advice. You mustve paid some BIG $'s (probably $2,500) so dont mess with this piece.

Comment

Thanks for that It was a little more than 2500, I am just asking, is all. And just for you Darrell, Meet dakota
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TMurray
              what the ...? polish???? iron the ribbon??? crikey!!! dont touch it!!! leave it alone is my advice. You mustve paid some BIG $'s (probably $2,500) so dont mess with this piece.
              I didn't say "polish" ... I said ... well actually I didnt say "lightly" .. but I meant "lightly" wash the medal with warm soapy water with a "soft" toothbrush to remove any dirt and grime. That wont hurt anything. I agree hard scrubbing and scratching is not recommended as Laurence already knows.

I agree .. a very nice piece that will fit nicely with Larry's nice KVK collection.

Laurence ... will Mr. and Mrs. KVK1 w/ and w/o swords sleep with Mr. KVK RK in the blue box tonight?

Comment

Oh you dirty little bugger you, I suppose I need to worry about you "Peeping Tom" in my windows now

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by h009291
                    Careful now Jim ... you are adding nothing to this thread. Only facts my man .. only facts ... no idle chit chat ... serious posts only
                    Errrr..... OK.

Laurence, I find your MM to be in complete accordance with known examples. I find the patina particularly fascinating. I believe it could indicate this was a worn example. I also believe Mr. Hatton will find the case to be very interesting, and I'm sure he will convey his thoughts to you concerning it's general construction and condition.

Have you considered SEM testing? That could lead to some incredible revelations. Paint or rodium?? Hmmm... Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerman
                      Have you considered SEM testing? That could lead to some incredible revelations. Paint or rodium?? Hmmm... Interesting.
                      Jim ... I think you're onto something ... by golly . we'll have to start calling you "Mr. Pioneer" Baker

Comment

Is this the kind of "inane banter" Dave Kane was mentioning

Comment

Now that is something you do not see everyday!!! Very nice Laurence.

Al

Comment

RK des KvK

Originally posted by Laurence Strong
                            Here is my new medal, the photo's will be spread out over the next day or so, as I just got home, and am a little tired and trying to come back on daylight time after a week of graveyards. So first is the obverse. It weighs in at 36.2gms and measures out at approx as the bty to my calipers died. From the suspension loop to the bottom 60mm, from side to side 53mm. What I thought had ribbed suspension loop is actually unribbed
                            Hi Laurence,
                            Great piece and I think I have it's identical twin. The age on your piece nad mine for that matter is typical of those that had been either cleaned long ago or worn. Look at your 1939 date and you can see where the frosting is rubbed off above and below the date. My cross which was rescued from a Tuscon, AZ junkyard has the same type of wear to it's date.

Once again nice piece.
                            Regards,
                            Jody
                            Attached Files

Comment

RK des KvK

The reverse. Notice the wear above and below the 1939 date.

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Beltram
                                My cross which was rescued from a Tuscon, AZ junkyard has the same type of wear to it's date.

Once again nice piece.
                                Regards,
                                Jody
                                Now I bet there is an interesting story behind that?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X