No announcement yet.

RK des KVK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junkyard??? Man, don't leave us hanging. Tell.....

Comment

Very nice my friend!

You know what I would suggest for a display?...

I've seen RK's diplayed on these and they look awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by h009291
        Jim ... I think you're onto something ... by golly . we'll have to start calling you "Mr. Pioneer" Baker
        Nah......

I got the idea from the smart guys.

Anyway, I'm not into taking jabs at people. I think it will have it's place in time. But it will take the gathering of a huge amount of information to reach any concrete conclusions.

Forgive my inane comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Kubasek
          Very nice my friend!

You know what I would suggest for a display?...

I've seen RK's diplayed on these and they look awesome!
          Greg ... tell you what. Sell the neck manniquin to Laurence .. I'll take the pearl necklace for the wife Maybe she'll let me spend more money on goodies like Laurence has

Comment

RK des Kvk

Originally posted by Panzerman
            Junkyard??? Man, don't leave us hanging. Tell.....
            Hi guys,
            I discussed this in a thread almost two years ago. Here you go:

dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22773&page=1&highlight=RK+des+KvK

Regards,
            Jody

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Beltram
              Hi guys,
              I discussed this in a thread almost two years ago. Here you go:

dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22773&page=1&highlight=RK+des+KvK

Regards,
              Jody
              Great story.

Comment

Jody,

Great story! What luck, I'm very happy you were able to save these pieces.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Comment

Great acqusition Laurence! Don't forget to add it to the stats..
                  Antti

Comment

Thanks Antti and Jody. I will I have a bunch of others to add also.

@Greg, Where do you get those?

Comment

Laurence,

I've seen them in a number of different places. Here is one site http://www.jewelrysupply.com/noframes/displays.htm and ebay seems to have them.

If you are searching ebay or google just use jewelry display and you will get lots of hits.

I haven't bought any yet but I want to buy them for my mothers crosses.

Greg

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 04-23-2005, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Great! An RK KVK thread!

We had a discussion several weeks ago about the differences in wreaths of the RK KVK. It appears, at least to my eye, that among the RK KVK with swords (and the award without swords has always been felt to be from the same dies) that there are two separate dies. The later version is lighter and has flaws on the "3" of the date and at the base of the 6 oclock arm. The earlier, heavier piece seems to weigh about 43.3 g and does not have the flaws of the later cross, but does show a more detailed wreath and the attenuated "3" without the accompanying flaw. My computer died and so all those photos are kaput, but here are some comparisons resurrected from the other thread. Any thoughts from anyone?
                          Attached Files

Comment

another
                            Attached Files

Comment

front
                              Attached Files

Comment

The first photo, right cross is the later piece. Last photo left cross is the later piece.

Note the relative lack of detail in the later piece with regard to the leaves. Also note the four vertical strikes at the top of the wreath at 12 oclock. On the later peice, the outer strikes flare laterally. On the later piece, there is an additional "flaw" at the middle of the "3", while it is simply attenuated on the earlier piece.

Given the appearance of the wreath and date on Lawrence's cross, this seems to match the earlier pieces. Any comments? Additional photo comparisons? Anyone have side view details of the central wreaths, as there are MANY characteristic flaws there. Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X