ek spange combo for reveiw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cobra-2001 View Post
    The finish on mind is the same on the back on both pieces . If one was worn from early war I would expect to see it well worn not a lot of finish left on it . I would expect they would have cleaned it often due to the weather out side .I have to say the two look very sloppy put togather on the front or maybe a close up would show better of the front where they go togather. It looks like the solder is coming out the front. I will say the finish looks to be the same on both the cross and the spange. The shell screw backs I was told these were found on a lot of post war souval pieces.Cliff
    so because I dislike your jeweler assembled combination and brought up some valid points you bash the factory produced example I show?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=847006

why do you ask for opinions if you don't want to hear them?

William Kramer
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
      so because I dislike your jeweler assembled combination and brought up some valid points you bash the factory produced example I show?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=847006

why do you ask for opinions if you don't want to hear them?

William Kramer
      Hi William I just pointing out what I see. If you look at many of the medals that were made during the war the finish is gone from a lot of them. Not trying to get you mad . Don't come me like you did to the young collector on the internet. I would have though the piece would have been finished better before they put the frosting on it just saying. Your piece showing no wear to it may have been put to gather at the end or even early post war .I like many on hear can post to learn and I do take in what is being said . I only pointed out what I see if I am wrong let me know. These are very tuff to say they were made during the war or put to gather after the war I would agree with that. Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
        The finish is not typical for a ES Spange and it's almost like the piece was stripped and then re-patinaed.
        I would not expect it to have perfect finish in the first place like that nice badge of yours William. The finish on this one is perfectly fine with a worn spange, not to mention what looks like perfect patina front and back as well...I am not seeing stripped let alone a reason to say that myself.

Also thank you for the info Streptile. I was not familiar with that mark.

Blaine
        Last edited by BlaineLeamon87; 09-28-2017, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X