ek spange combo for reveiw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ek spange combo for reveiw

I believe the spange on the ek1 is the one they say is made by schmidthaussler or other wise said unknow maker. The iron cross on this one is a original CD cross. The bottom has the wave under the letters. Thank you in advance Cliff
    Attached Files

pic

pic
    Attached Files

Comment

ek

Hi I see 77 people looked at it and nobody replied ?

Comment

The spange appears to be an original Eugen Schmidhäußler. Can't help with the EK I though.
        Ralph.

Comment

Tough item to judge as rare and exotic bit both parts are good and the setup is convincing so my guess would be original. Have a look in the Niemann guide there are a number of versions pictured

Comment

Hi Ralph and Patrick thank you both for your comments. I will check that out Patrick .

Comment

No expert and very hard to judge these but I likeit. The components look original, the hardware and assembly look credible and I particularly like the fact that Schmidthaussler and CD are both Pfzorheim manufacturers

Regards

JC

Comment

Ek

Hi JC thank you . I learn a lot from the post of a spange 1st class just like this one and you had pointed out other threads again thank you Cliff

Comment

I totally agree with JC
                  obviously hard to be 100% on these, but I like what I see
                  regards
                  jon

Comment

Does anyone know who the maker of the EK1 is? As in what does CD stand for or is this another unknown maker?

Blaine

Comment

Carl Dilenius.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hello all,

In my opinion, the combination is postwar assembled. The finish is not typical for a ES Spange and it's almost like the piece was stripped and then re-patinaed. Both the Spange and the EK are unquestionably authentic but who knows when it was soldered together. One must approach these with caution.

William Kramer
                        Attached Files
                        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Here's a piece I got out of the woodwork some time back. You can see the highlights have tarnished over the years much different than the pebbled areas. You can also see on the reverse remnants of the original finish on both the cross and spange itself. The piece that starts this thread is void of these traits.

William Kramer
                          Attached Files
                          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Wow, now that's one hell of a set up William. Very nice.

Regards,
                            AB.
                            In memory of my Uncle,
                            Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
                            2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
                            Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                              Here's a piece I got out of the woodwork some time back. You can see the highlights have tarnished over the years much different than the pebbled areas. You can also see on the reverse remnants of the original finish on both the cross and spange itself. The piece that starts this thread is void of these traits.

William Kramer
                              The finish on mind is the same on the back on both pieces . If one was worn from early war I would expect to see it well worn not a lot of finish left on it . I would expect they would have cleaned it often due to the weather out side .I have to say the two look very sloppy put togather on the front or maybe a close up would show better of the front where they go togather. It looks like the solder is coming out the front. I will say the finish looks to be the same on both the cross and the spange. The shell screw backs I was told these were found on a lot of post war souval pieces.Cliff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X