s&l kc for reveiw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s&l kc for reveiw

I have this knights cross for review . I believe it is a S&L KC . It is the non magnetic one . It has a slight dent row on the 3 o clock arm. The oaks I don't know much about them. Thanks in advance Cliff
    Attached Files

Pic 2

Pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3

Pic 3
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cobra-2001; 11-03-2016, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Pic 4

Pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

Pic 4

Pic 4
          Attached Files

Comment

Post war made type.

Comment

I´ll agree with Tom B

Andy

Comment

Cross

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                Post war made type.
                Hi Tom how can you tell a war time from a post war cross? Cliff

Comment

Would you like to sell it?

Comment

Originally posted by cobra-2001 View Post
                    Hi Tom how can you tell a war time from a post war cross? Cliff
                    The non magnetic core and the cross is probably not silver marker either. Tom

Comment

In my studied opinion, these Oaks are original war time produced by S&L. Those who insist that these were only post war manufactured are wrong in my opinion and are really missing the boat on these. Why?, because it only makes sense that S&L attempted to get a govt. contract when they, as well as the other big companies, were also competing for the contract, but as we know, Godet won out.

It is now common belief that Juncker also competed in manufacturing this higher award as well but also failed to receive an official contract, yet we know at least one set of Oaks was worn throughout the war having been permanently attached to the pilots KC.

S&L did not receive the contract to provide them officially, but did make them for display purposes and at least one set of the OLS with elongated swords were worn by General of Panzers, Hasso von Manteuffel. How he received them is a mystery but nobody's going to get me to believe that they were anything other than a S&L product.

Now that I've said this there will be many who disagree and are going to want me to haggle on and on about it all, but Im not going to get drawn into all that disagreement so I ask those with an open mind, and who have REALLY studied these, to tust my five decades worth of study on this particular subject and accept them as pre May 8, 1945 manufacture. Were they made post 45, yes they were, but not not in the way that these examples were.

I am convinced that there will come a day when solid evidence will will come to light on this particular type and then everyone is going to want a set.

Chuck
                      Last edited by vonStubben; 11-03-2016, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Those Oakleaves are stunning !

Comment

Originally posted by vonStubben View Post
                          In my studied opinion, these Oaks are original war time produced by S&L. Those who insist that these were only post war manufactured are wrong in my opinion and are really missing the boat on these. Why?, because it only makes sense that S&L attempted to get a govt. contract when they, as well as the other big companies, were also competing for the contract, but as we know, Godet won out.

It is now common belief that Juncker also competed in manufacturing this higher award as well but also failed to receive an official contract, yet we know at least one set of Oaks was worn throughout the war having been permanently attached to the pilots KC.

S&L did not receive the contract to provide them officially, but did make them for display purposes and at least one set of the OLS with elongated swords were worn by General of Panzers, Hasso von Manteuffel. How he received them is a mystery but nobody's going to get me to believe that they were anything other than a S&L product.

Now that I've said this there will be many who disagree and are going to want me to haggle on and on about it all, but Im not going to get drawn into all that disagreement so I ask those with an open mind, and who have REALLY studied these, to tust my five decades worth of study on this particular subject and accept them as pre May 8, 1945 manufacture. Were they made post 45, yes they were, but not not in the way that these examples were.

I am convinced that there will come a day when solid evidence will will come to light on this particular type and then everyone is going to want a set.

Chuck
                          Agree! Most logic scene is that S&L tried... and lost. Note that the ugly "wart" seen on so many S&L OLs is not there!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                            .... Note that the ugly "wart" seen on so many S&L OLs is not there!
                            Nor are the other flaws seen on postwar pieces.

Comment

Correctomundo! A really nice OL!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X