No announcement yet.

Klein & Quenzer A.G.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...well rather than argue...here's another...
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Brian,
      What are the award date ranges of the pictured K&Qs?
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Eichloff 1940 08

Ettel Wolfe 1943 06 01

Gey 1943 06 21

Greve 1942 10 07

Haeberlen 1943 07 01

You need to see a couple hundred randomly to see there is a good representation of Juncker, S&L, K&Q and Meybauers. I haven't looked for Schickle so I'm not sure about that representation.

Comment

...and for getting Kaned on Xmas Eve here's the last one I'll post without even trying very hard...

Heintz 1942 10 29
          Attached Files

Comment

Indeed, a plethora of Kleins.

Comment

Yes, a virtual cornucopia of Kleins!
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich
                Yes, a virtual cornucopia of Kleins!
                Erich
                Just like to ask whilst on this subject of K & Q RK's have any other members owned them with just the 800 marking on the loop and frame and not the 65 and the 800 ?

Comment

I've had 3 and all had the '65' '800' marked loop. 2 were awarded; one showed little or no wear.
                  Erich

Originally posted by Jon Fish
                  Just like to ask whilst on this subject of K & Q RK's have any other members owned them with just the 800 marking on the loop and frame and not the 65 and the 800 ?
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
                    ...and for getting Kaned on Xmas Eve here's the last one I'll post without even trying very hard...

Heintz 1942 10 29
                    That is a great photo, Brian. The detail is amazing and clearly shows a K&Q. I like the fact that is has appropriate shadows also. Is this a non-studio photo?

Comment

Tom, yes from my propaganda photos. Many of these taken by Kreigsberichtern.

Comment

The photo shows Generalmajor von Ravenstein and his award K&Q RK.
                        Awarded the Knight's Cross on 3rd June 1940. On 20th May 1941 promoted to Generalmajor. As of 29th November 1941 POW in Africa.
                        The RK is marked 800 on the frame and only marked 800 on the ribbon loop - no "65" mark.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by FrankS; 12-24-2004, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Ravenstein RK

Comment

Frank,
                            That is incredible! The date pattern on your cross looks different to other K&Qs posted here..........yours....
                            Last edited by Harry; 07-10-2007, 06:41 AM.

Comment

another..........do your numerals seem thinner and of a different font? .......there is also that flaw in the top spar on the '3' in your cross's date....
                              Last edited by Harry; 07-10-2007, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry
                                another..........do your numerals seem thinner and of a different font? .......there is also that flaw in the top spar on the '3' in your cross's date....
                                I think they are the same, just different lighting and the paint on your cross seems shinier.
                                Yes there is a "flaw" in the 3. I don't know what it is, maybe some particel got caught in the paint while the core got finished.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 51 users online. 0 members and 51 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X