No announcement yet.

Klein & Quenzer A.G.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slight bevelling of 'step' between beading & polished outer frame, below eye and to the left.
    Last edited by Harry; 07-10-2007, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Beading continues as on Harry's.

Flat donut, as on Harry's:

Comment

Schloss Klossheim Crosses

First of all, concerning my Chicago HJ man with the post war KCs. Since there was no loop mark of 65, it cannot be assumed that they were K&Qs, just marked 800 and I never said that they were, but was pointing out that SOME originals were sold post 1945 and COULD HAVE BEEN K&Q or Steinhauer & Luck. Also, I don't know how long the flaws on K&Qs have been known. Remember, my experience was 5 years ago.
        Next, my three veteran hits from the castle: all three were veterans of the Third Division and ALL brought cased medals back. I got the following:
        3 Knight's Cross of the War Merit Cross without Swords Cased
        2 Eagle Order Breast Star 2nd Class Cased
        1 Eagle Order Neck Piece Cased
        2 Eagle Order 4th Classes
        1 Eagle Order 5th Class
        3 Eagle Order Medals
        2 German Crosses in Gold
        1 German Cross in Silver
        1 Knight's Cross of the War Merit Cross with Swords
        1 Case for Oakleaves with ribbon (veteran gave the oaks to his wife who lost them as jewelry)
        I didn't do as well as Jason Burmeister, but probably paid much less.
        My former motel buy partner did hit a Schloss veteran and got:
        2 Juncker Knight's Crosses Cased with shipper
        1 German Cross in Gold cased
        1 German Cross in Silver cased
        Therefore, I know that other 3rd Division veterans are still out there with more medals. They all told me that there were cases of medals and almost everyone at the castle took some. All the veteran 3rd Division Assn. members have been contacted and solicited, but the 3rd Division veterans who didn't join the veterans association are still in the woods and should have some items left if they are still alive.
        Ron Weinand
        Weinand Militaria

many EKs and War Service Crosses Cased.
        Last edited by Ron Weinand; 12-16-2004, 05:54 PM.

Comment

There are ALOT more flaws than that. I will post them later. They cannot be easily seen with 5 or 10X mag, but can be seen with 30X loop.

Comment

You are absolutely right Tom, I only scanned the characteristics visible with the naked eye.

Comment

Here are some flaws. Some Harry has already shown. Some not.
              Attached Files

Comment

For what it's worth, those flaws are on my RK as well. Scans later.
                Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

flaws at the upper left corner of the 12 0clock arm as well as flaws on 11th and 13the bead
                  Attached Files

Comment

flaws with "split beading" on beads 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 on the upper part of the 9 oclock arm. There is also an extra "squiggle" of metal between the 28th and 29th bead on the right here.
                    Attached Files

Comment

last one
                      Attached Files

Comment

Now in the interim I have called the analytical lab at Iowa State University, which some of you may recall as helping with the identification of the specific spores in the anthrax scare. They say they can use "reflection x-ray fluoresence spectrometry" to evaluate the chemical composition of paint samples in situ. I can use as a reference a juncker cross awarded post humously with good provenance as a period paint sample control. I think this will help tell, as Dietrich pointed out, only if the cross I have is a restrike. Fortunately as well, I know the point of origin of this particular cross as well. I do not know how long it will take. For any europeans out there in Belgium there is a laboratory of analytical chemisty at Ghent University in Chent, Belgium that specializes in this. For any germans, there is the institute for spectrochemisty and spectroscopy in Dortmund Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by tom hansen
                          Now in the interim I have called the analytical lab at Iowa State University, which some of you may recall as helping with the identification of the specific spores in the anthrax scare. They say they can use "reflection x-ray fluoresence spectrometry" to evaluate the chemical composition of paint samples in situ. I can use as a reference a juncker cross awarded post humously with good provenance as a period paint sample control. I think this will help tell, as Dietrich pointed out, only if the cross I have is a restrike. Fortunately as well, I know the point of origin of this particular cross as well. I do not know how long it will take. For any europeans out there in Belgium there is a laboratory of analytical chemisty at Ghent University in Chent, Belgium that specializes in this. For any germans, there is the institute for spectrochemisty and spectroscopy in Dortmund Germany.
                          Very interesting Tom, are you going to send them the samples?

Here is the corner flaw, the best I could get with my scanner.... I might give the camera a try though.
                          Attached Files
                          Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Another one already pointed out -
                            Attached Files
                            Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian Bianchi
                              Very interesting Tom, are you going to send them the samples?

Here is the corner flaw, the best I could get with my scanner.... I might give the camera a try though.

Yup- Iowa State is just 30 miles away and the kids go near there for indoor golf lessons during the winter. So I will just drive up and drop them off in the next few weeks. That will be much better than running the postal gauntlet.

Comment

Here's another instance of the flaw on the 12 o'clock arm.
                                Attached Files
                                George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 109 users online. 0 members and 109 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X