No announcement yet.

Where is Hitlers EK1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To add further weight to the discussion, here is a museum that features pictures of many of their exhibits online.

http://worldwariimuseum.com/

Hitler's S.A. shirt
    Sure Hitler would have had many SA brown shirts, I am guessing at least 10 or 12. I remember a documentary on TV once, which interviewed on of Hitler’s former SS bodyguards and he recalls how Hitler said to him once, something to the affect “Herr ….. you don’t think I wear the one pair of boots do you? I have had the design copied and I have 10 pairs exactly the same. The Egyptian pharaohs wore masks so they could look exactly the same and so it is important I must also.” I may have a few words wrong but that is the idea that was being carried.

Regards

Dez

Comment

HITLER'S SA SHIRT, which was removed by U.S. Captain Frank Qualls from Hitler's apartment on Prinzregentenplatz in Munich, April 30, 1945. Pictured alongside is the Nuremburg Eagle, taken back to the United States by General George S. Patton..

P.S. This is an excellent museum and well worth spending an hour or so browsing though the pages. However I am somewhat sceptical about this uniform, it does at least look like it has been messed with.

Regards

Dez
      Last edited by Dez H; 08-22-2002, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Hi Frank,
        Above the photo of the shirt it states "DOCUMENTED UNIFORM OF NSDAP MEMBER #7, A.H.'s 1936 Brown Shirt, Peaked Visor, Blood Order #1, WWI Iron Cross 1st Class, Wound Badge, Black and Political Eagle Stickpin in Gold". The adjacent page with the awards discrbes them as above.
        Warren

Comment

I will admit right off the bat, I have no real expertise in this area, but I do have an observation..

The cap shown in that catalog picture would have to be a post 1935 issue, judging from the eagle. Now, if it was Hitlers, wouldnt it have an officers chip strap, instead of black leather? It would have actually been a gold braid as well. And where is the cockade and wreath? Looking at some pictures in front of me, Hitlers caps also had brown visors.

Like I said, I dont know, but I find it curious.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

There is a photo in Hayes Unifrom Book taken in 1945 that shows 1stLt. Philip Ben Lieber holding up the brown shirt rig listed by Warren that was owned by Wolfe & Hardin. Lt. Lieber is knee deep in some of the rarest items imaginable inside Hitlers apartment. There is a name tag with Hitlers name and a 1935 date on it sewn in the collar. I'll try and post a scan of the photo on Monday.

Mark, there is a visor on the floor in the background of the 1945 photo that shows a leather chin strap. Whether it was his or not, I don't know.
            Last edited by Snigley; 08-22-2002, 10:17 PM.
            Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Dez,
              That's not a museum,it looks more like somebody's shrine.

Comment

Frankly, I do not trust that "museum". The Hitler muppet wears ridiculous pants and both Wound badge and belt are in a condition that tells me these are just a generic wound badge and a generic belt that they had handy to mount it to that doll. Hitler´s items would have been impeccable.

I remember when we first discovered that museum and discussed it, I found at least one award in their huge medal case displayed upside down!

Mark´s observations about the visor cap are very right and I thought the same thing. What about the Kockarde and the wreath?

Cheers, Frank H.
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

I pickedup two books from my shelf on Hitler and the Nazi Party both show Hitler with Visor Caps without the Wreath and Cocade.But, I have not found a photo with a leather chin strap. In fact most of these photos show the Visor without the Wreath and Cocade. I'll keep looking.
                  Warren

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X