Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Hitlers EK1 ?

Hi all,

I was wondering..........Does anybody know what happend to Hitlers EK1??? was it found?, was it burnd along with his body?, do the russians have it? etc.......

Ron

This comes up from time to time, no one really know where they are or what happened to them.

Seba
    Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

What about....

Didn't they find his Golden Party Badge on the charred corpse of Magda Goebbels?

George
      George

Comment

George that is correct, Hitler handed to her his GPB as a lasting token of their undying friendship. I also recall seeing on television a few years ago the Russians have one of his EK’s, one copy of his GPB, fragment of his skull and other personal affects. Surely however Hitler would have had many EK’s, GPB’s and other copies of his vast list of medals at Berchtesgaden, Reich’s chancellery etc. He was not a man for overdressing. In some photos Hitler is definitely wearing a screw back convex EK and in others just a plain ordinarily non-convex EK. Maybe some vet picked these up or traded them with a Russian soldier and someone out there somewhere doesn’t realise how unique the medals they own really are.

Regards

Dez

Comment

Balboa, California

Back in 2000, they had a Russian exhibit of WWII items (Great Patriotic War). In the second to last display were items from the bunker, including one of Hitler's jackets. On it was an EK1, wound badge, and I think a party badge. Also in the room were his desk set, a globe, a rug from Persia, and other items.

The last display contained other memorabilia including flags, pennants, eagles, RKs, EKs, etc. If I could have gotten my hands on a few of those items, I'd of ...

Anyway, where this display is now, I have no idea. It may be continuing on tour somewhere, or back in mother Russia.
          Cheers,

Bill Moran

Comment

Soviet siezures of any and all effects from the Berlin bunker shouldn't be regarded as gospel.
            Hitler was not only fuhrer,he was according to his state position-a wealthy man.And as such,as a man of the people,he had to dress as the people-albeit to only a slighter extent.
            Hitler may have been one of the grander athetes(with minimal awards showing-along with stalin and Mao Tse Tung.But his army valet was not.Hitler was head of virtually every organisation,and either by disposition or choice eclectic in his public dress.His valet Heinz Linge was more than likely ready to have a jacket ready whenever occasion demanded.
            Dez is indeed correct,Magda Goebbells did where Adolf's GPB.upon her suicide.
            Does it really matter what Hitler was wearing when he died?Granted he may have died a more dignified death(and maybe forced his wife's),than he gave not only his own soldiers and their "legitimate" enemies,let it not be forgotten he was the smoking gun behind the holocaust.
            As a matter of fact,not a year later the NKVD whom had been carrying around the bodies(less Hitlers brain-or what was left of it)finally dumped it under a road.
            Regards:Andrew

Comment

All the Russian war booty is in the Museum of the Russian Armed Forces in Moscow. It was out on temporary display last year - Hitler's white jacket (taken from the Reichskanzlei) was displayed without any medals on it. They only bring it out once in a blue moon as Mayor Luzhkov is apparently a bit uptight about it.

This wasn't the centrepiece of the exhibition by the way (nor even SS-Obergruppenführer Schaube's two dress tunics). Pride of place went to a cased Grand Cross and Star of the German Eagle Order.

Comment

Hitler had more than one of each of his decorations to obviate the necessity of changing them from one uniform to another. I believe that a brown shirt with an EK1 and a wound badge (and a clip on tie!) were found in his apartment on Prinzregentenstrasse in Munich in May 1945 by a U.S. Army Sgt. I think the shirt et al is in a collection in the U.S. (not mine unfortunately).
                OMSA #6582

At my age, "getting lucky" is finding my car in the parking lot.

Comment

I think I saw it on eBay a few months ago. DonHOHO had found it in General Bader's trunk.

Comment

heheheheheh ROFLOL

Comment

Ken you are right, there is a museum that also has a webpage that features one of Hitler's SA brown shirts. www.worldwarsomething.com can't remember where it is exactly.Maybe this will jog another forum member's meory and they can post the link.

Regards

Dez

Comment

Also....Hitler must have had the EK2.....or else no EKI. But you never see him wear the ribbon !!.......

Comment

According to Unifroms of the Third Reich by Hayes and Maguire, there is a photo taken in 1945 of one Hitler's brown shirts found found in his Munich apartment by 1stLt. Ben Lieber. This photo shows the EK, wound badge, and blood order ribbon in place. According to the caption the shirt is now in the collection of dealer/collector Bill Shea.

I have seen this shirt on display at the Max Show at least once in the past.
                          Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Ron

From Hitler - The Path to Power by Charles Bracelin Flood.
                            Photo caption: "Hitler as twenty-five-year-old World War I combat infantryman, Flanders, late 1914 (Suddeutscher Verlag Bildendienst)

George
                            George

Comment

hmmmm

so he had the EK II also why no pics of the ribbon on his 3rd reich era photo?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X