No announcement yet.

Where is Hitlers EK1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler had or was entitled to a number of medals (I'm fairly sure the list appeared somewhere on the forum - maybe on the Imperial pages). But I think there was a conscious decision that, as leader, he would limit himself to wearing the Golden Party Badge (for political reasons), EK1 (to show he was brave) and Wound Badge (to show he had suffered).

I can't remember the exact reasoning but it was along the lines of keeping himself simple, restrained and one of the boys. Hence also his fairly un-elaborate uniforms. Besides which, even if he did go the whole hog and wear everything he was entitled to, Goering would always outshine him.

Comment

For James

Hitler's attitude on wearing decorations:

"As far as my own private existence is concerned, I shall always live simply -- but in my capacity of Fuhrer and Head of the State, I am obliged to stand out clearly from amongst all the people around me. If my close associates glitter with decorations, I can distinguish myself from them only by wearing none at all." (Hitler's Table Talk, pages 79-80)

George
      George

Comment

One of Hitlers Shirts and his EKI, WB and Blood Order were in the hands of Wolfe and Hardin. Also included a a Peaked Visor and Armband.
        The items were pictured in the Wittmann Offering catalog in 1996.
        Warren

Comment

Some time ago we discussed Hitler's decorations, what he wore and what he actually owned, it is a most interesting thread and well wroth the read:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rs+decorations

Regards

Dez

Comment

What happend to the medals of the man who were hanged at Neuremberg?????.......none of them were allowed to wear the medals during court. Does the family have them or did they wind up in private collections?....ok the Grand Cross was destroyed but he must have had copys.

Ever curious............Ron
            Last edited by Ron Westerduin; 08-18-2002, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Ron their medals were stolen from them and melted down for their precious metals, pieces that come to mind are Goring’s PLM, and Donitz’s Diamond U-Boat Badge.

Comment

Hi
                I agree with Warren; I remember having seen in a former issue of the Military Advisor (Bender) a advertising from Wolf Hardin showing AH's artifacts with garments.
                Maybe a forum member will find it and scan the ad.
                Denis

Comment

I have the add but don't know if I can post it legally, what say you Seba?
                  Warren

Comment

Biographical Artifacts

I am also rather positive that Hitler had more than his (original/issue) EK1. About 20 years ago, one of his old party uniforms (brown shirt, breeches, and hat) passed through the hands of George Petersen in Virginia. I just happened to be in his shop to see. With it was one, concave, screwback EK1. The shirt was also labeled with his name embroidered on a label.

Within the Kremlin, with his skull fragments are one of both visor hats, the party brown, and the field gray he wore during the war years. I have heard that the Russians once had considerably more great relics, that have been traded and/or sold to collectors offering big bucks, in economically bad times.

Comment

Warren, it's ok to post the add.

Seba
                      Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

I have had the pleasure of knowing Steve for at least 28 years and during this time, the privilege of watching him grow in the hobby! He won't mind if his ad is posted and if he did I would be shocked, as he is a very gregarious man!
                        He has the finest of the fine and welcomes all to his 'office' and offers information freely! His displays are breathtaking and the provenance...well it's incredible.
                        When you can visit a man who freely offers at any time 10 Knight's Crosses for sale....well you know what I mean.
                        The boy is EXPENSIVE and demands top dollar but there isn't any BS!! It's right, it's real and this is the price!!!
                        Dave

Comment

Dave is right, both men were very courteous to me when I met them and offered for me to take pictures of their medals for the site. I couldn't (didn't have the right equipment), but I was very impressed.

Seba
                          Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Will do, I'll scan the ad and post it ASAP.

Comment

I hope this comes out clearly, so here we go.

Comment

Dear Warren,

Is that really Hitler´s uniform? In the description, it just says Brownshirt of party member **.
                                I also cannot remember having seen a pic of Hitler wearing exactly that cap and shirt/decoration combo.

Cheers, Frank H.
                                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X