No announcement yet.

EK1 Meybauer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Robert. I think your EK1 has a Meybauer core as well. To my eye, it still looks like a 1st pattern core, like the #23 EK2 you've shown to your right. Please refer to this thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=23=ek2 --where a pair of #23 EK2 (see post #12 & 13), can be seen with both "styles" (1st and 2nd pattern) Meybauer cores. There are examples of #23s framed EK1s using Meybauer cores also, which IMO, aren't "proven yet" Meybauer.

--Best,
    Ken
    Last edited by Panzercracker; 05-07-2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzercracker View Post
      Hi Robert. I think your EK1 has a Meybauer core as well. To my eye, it still looks like a 1st pattern core, like the #23 EK2 you've shown to your right. Please refer to this thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=23=ek2 --where a pair of #23 EK2 (see post #12 & 13), can be seen with both "styles" (1st and 2nd pattern) Meybauer cores. There are examples of #23s framed EK1s using Meybauer cores also, which IMO, aren't "proven yet" Meybauer.

--Best,
      Ken
      I understand Ken,

Most would like to think '23' were the maker of the EKI's with Meybauer cores, not the other way around.

This is one Trevor has posted in the past...

Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robert. Interesting Cross, and it seems they were one of those firms who have pushed their "artistic license" farther in some rare cases, as Giel and Pat recently demonstrated regarding their earliest bronze PABs. Well, the suspense is building, so to the backside, Bitte...

Allow me... http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...eybauer&page=3

--Ken
        Last edited by Panzercracker; 05-07-2014, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I think I have 3 EK2 Maybauers and found this comparison I made some time ago .
          The cores are different - note the cutouts .

Douglas
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for these great close-up "compares". Yes, they differ. I recall seeing an EK1 with the higher angular date and Swas, as seen to your example on the right. I know it's difficult not to generalize, because of all the nuances, but how do you guys "classify" these Meybauer? I know the earliest type-1 pin backs are unmarked, but it gets complicated after that. I think I read a "general rule" somewhere, which really simplifies things, but all's not so simple anymore...

--Ken
            Last edited by Panzercracker; 05-07-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I'm certain the timeline on Meybauer's crosses will be discussed in depth in George Stimson's and Dietrich Maerz's book on the EKII. The book has been a work in progress for some time now, and I hope to be buying my copy very soon.

Robert

Comment

Very nice EK !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X