Kc by Meybauer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pieter,

they even come with strange looking swords (handpainted, I guess). And maybe it is a Juncker, too. I don't know.

Dietrich
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dietrich; 11-01-2004, 06:59 PM.
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Nice early recipient of the swords in March 1942. Clearly the Herr Oberst isn't wearing paint.

Comment

Does anyone ever recall seeing this 'type' of cross in a case and its OUTER CARTON?
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

Dave,

I think Allan has two with the case (but no outer carton).

Dietrich
          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Yes, I recall those Dietrich and although my view of these crosses isn't a secret I thought I'd throw the thought out as I can't recall it asked in past go-arounds!!!
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

But what would it proove or dis-aproove? Cases, cartons, ribbons, oaks, loops... all can be switched, re-aranged, as we know.

Dietrich
              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

The outer cartons were maker marked! Switching and mixing and matching would be most difficult!!!
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

So what can you show of the chronology of outer cartonage. It's my knowledge these were early crosses no later than early 1943 for mine.

Comment

Touché<O</O
                    B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Thanks Dietrich!!

Brian, wouldn't an 'early' made item be much more likely to be packaged well...
                      Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

I know almost nothing about cartonage. I lean entirely on Marcus and you for info regarding that. The only original cartonage that survived WWI was the PlM box and a couple of others. As for WWII I have numerous Luft boxes and EK1 boxes and Spange boxes. But the paper packets and outer cartonage is somthing I know nothing about. Not that I wouldn't covet the nice L/12 Juncker RK cartonage. No mistaking that one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X