Kc by Meybauer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kc by Meybauer

This KC is stone mint with all the frosting remaining. The pics do not reflect the beauty of the cross.
    Attached Files

and the most amazing is the number 7 on the suspension loop...
    Just have a look at the frosting here, really identical to the S&L frosting
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow! Were did you find this cross?

Cheers.
      Peter

Comment

I have never seen a Meybauer before. Is this what they call a 'rounder'?.

Regards,

Comment

A friend of mime picked it up for me sunday.

This cross is really amazing and I never seen such frosting on non pre 1945 crosses.
          The #7 is really very clear on the original photo but size reducing altered it too much.
          About provenance, the seller found it in the country of Kleissheim. Nothing to believe or convincing here. Just a nice cross with round corners...

Originally posted by Peter Wiking
          Wow! Were did you find this cross?

Cheers.
          Peter

Comment

Dietrich has another one with 7 stamped on the frame if I remember well
            Originally posted by Harry
            I have never seen a Meybauer before. Is this what they c
            all a 'rounder'?.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Harry
              I have never seen a Meybauer before. Is this what they call a 'rounder'?.

Regards,
              No. A rounder would have the top of the 3 <- looking like this one

Comment

I think this will be a very long thread

Cheers.
                Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking
                  I think this will be a very long thread

Cheers.
                  Peter
                  Hi Peter
                  How come you say that?
                  I am correct when I said the "Rounder" involved the 3, no?

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what would one use to as a comparison to authenticate this cross? Remember that meybauer catalog thread about six months ago that showed an RK? Did that have enough detail? Why is this cross so "new" looking? Does the "7" stamp look like "7" stamps on other awards? Just asking, as I do not know who would have a "real" cross with which to compare.

Comment

here is a better shot of the seven. the cross is absolutely identical to another so called round exemple I have.

Originally posted by tom hansen
                      Just out of curiosity, what would one use to as a comparison to authenticate this cross? Remember that meybauer catalog thread about six months ago that showed an RK? Did that have enough detail? Why is this cross so "new" looking? Does the "7" stamp look like "7" stamps on other awards? Just asking, as I do not know who would have a "real" cross with which to compare.
                      Attached Files

Comment

"I think this will be a very long thread "

And I have to go on the road for seven hours!
                        George

Comment

Lawrence,

I think, in KC terms, a 'rounder' is a descripive phrase used to describe a KC which has rounded internal corners on the beading butting up to the swas. I am happy to be corrected if wrong.

Best,

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence Strong
                            Hi Peter
                            How come you say that?
                            I am correct when I said the "Rounder" involved the 3, no?
                            This type of RK with round inner corners tends to be debated alot.
                            Its a nice cross in my opinion.

Cheers.
                            Peter

Comment

Tom,

I have a stone mint S&L coming from Detlev that has exactly the same brand new effect. When you have this one in your hand you don't have t think a lot to see it is not a recent made cross.
                              About the 7, I personal dont think thak fakers want absolutely to follow Dietrich theory about the meybauer origin. To be more convincing they would have stamp the cross itself.
                              Just my opinion
                              Philippe
                              Originally posted by tom hansen
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X