Opinions needed on these two EKI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions needed on these two EKI's

I would be grateful for opinions on these EKI's, the first, an unmarked screwback and the second a pin back maker marked on the pin. I attach some pics.
    Thanks,
    Peter.
    Attached Files

Another pic of the screwback and one of the pinback.
    Attached Files

Comment

Two more pics of the pin back.
      Attached Files

Comment

fake + fake

Comment

Thanks Fabri,
          Best left I think.
          Peter.

Comment

Peter,

As a side note, may I ask where you get these offers? Only I've noticed that you post EK1s for review now and again, and they are always the exact same type of fake, with slight variations to core and hardware.

I just did a quick search for your threads and these threads popped up on the first page alone:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Please understand, I am just trying to figure out if we can start to pin down the source of these fakes. Surely if these have all been offered to you from the same person, that must be able to tell us something?
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hi Trevor,
              The answer to your question is that they are definately not from the same source, that is to me, but noting what you say, they may originally be. I look at EK's in antiques and flea fairs all over the place, as well as auctions, and always try and photograph them before purchase, this is fairly simple if they are in auction, but I also manage to do it most times in fleas and fairs.This is fairly straightforward if they are 3 day events, but is often manageable in 1 day events, where I take contact details and purchase it by post later if I wish.
              Sometimes it is not possible to do it and I have been unlucky on occasion. If they are from the same original source, then they have now become widely distributed in the UK, since my sources stretch from Scotland to Cornwall.
              Fakery is a real problem, and I have seen Knight's Crosses with certificates of authenticity from a well known American dealer - not military trader, sell in my local auction house for £800 cheap for a genuine item, but completely wasted on a fake. I forget the dealer, but it may not be anything to do with him, since an unscroupilous person could include a fake medal with a genuine certificate of authenticity.
              Thanks for your interest and kindness for replying to many of my EK posts.
              Peter.

Comment

Peter, forget every Round 3 SB ek
                They just don't exsist.

Comment

Ben is spot on,Nobody produced a round 3 Screw back.

Kind Regards,,

Ross

Comment

Thanks Ben and Ross,
                    I will definately make a note of that.
                    Peter.

Comment

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your interesting and detailed reply.

I wonder if it's safe to say that this specific type of fake originates in the U.K.? I think we will have to start keeping a better eye on where they come from, but certainly they seem to be widely distributed there at a minimum.

Best,
                      Trevor
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hi Trevor,
                        I think that your suggestion of monitoring the origin of these fakes is a good idea. I wonder how often they spring up in other countries? Certainly the Eastern European countries seem to be a source of many fakes, as we all know.
                        Peter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X