No announcement yet.

Knight Crosses today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom these guys clearly appreciated your friendship and interest. You've had some amazing experiences.

Comment

The last time I met Rudel was in Chicago. Il. two years before he passed away. He was staying with Otto Skorzeny's former driver who owned a bar & German Food place. Klaus showed me his EK2 document....the only one I have ever seen signed by Skorzeny. Tom

Comment

Bowen and Rudel

To Chen,

What year and month did Bowen had that interview with Rudel? When was that picture taken? Seems like a breezy day,for I can see Rudel's white hair is sticking out on his right side. Also in the picture,it doesn't look like a white sideburn near Rudel's left ear for near his right ear,no sideburn. Rudel hasn't changed much after World War II. He didn't aged much because he kept himself heathy though exercise and sports. He was always clean shaven and kept his hair short. He still is my favorite hero of the Luftwaffe. He didn't let his disabilities kept him from doing something he wanted to do.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Originally posted by Edward L. Hsiao View Post
          To Chen,

What year and month did Bowen had that interview with Rudel? When was that picture taken? Seems like a breezy day,for I can see Rudel's white hair is sticking out on his right side. Also in the picture,it doesn't look like a white sideburn near Rudel's left ear for near his right ear,no sideburn. Rudel hasn't changed much after World War II. He didn't aged much because he kept himself heathy though exercise and sports. He was always clean shaven and kept his hair short. He still is my favorite hero of the Luftwaffe. He didn't let his disabilities kept him from doing something he wanted to do.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao
          Not always true ! When I met him once in the 70's, he had a beard. Trimmed, but very full ! Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Edward L. Hsiao View Post
            To Chen,

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao
            Attached Files

Comment

Some where I have a photo of Rudel with his full beard. I'll get a friend to post it. He looks like a viking ! haha Tom

Comment

To Tom and Chen,

Thank you for your replies. Well to be honest and not to offend anyone I'm glad Hans-Ulrich Rudel was back to be clean shaven again! For I remember many months ago I did see two pictures of Rudel in 1980 and 1981 pretty handsome and no facial hair.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
                  RK with OL awarded to Gen. Heinz Guderian
                  Kommandierender General XIX.Armee-Korps
                  Awarded the Ritterkreuz: October 27th, 1939

Befehlshaber Panzergruppe 2
                  Awarded the Oak Leaves: July 17th, 1941

Not the best quality photos, but it's a reference we can use. They appear at Thomas M. Johnson's book "German War booty".
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                      The last time I met Rudel was in Chicago. Il. two years before he passed away. He was staying with Otto Skorzeny's former driver who owned a bar & German Food place. Klaus showed me his EK2 document....the only one I have ever seen signed by Skorzeny. Tom
                      Sepp, I finally found my notes from this last meeting with Rudel. It was the 19th of July 1981 in Chicago, Il. Skorzeny's driver's name was Hans (not Klaus) Reichert. He joined Skorzeny's group in August 1944. Was appointed as his driver in September 1944 and remained with the group until early March 1945. I called the old phone number I had for him this morning. The number was still good however I was told Hans died last year. Tom

Comment

Whats was happen with the Galland estate. One diamonds set was sold. And the other diamonds sets? And the documents?

Comment

Originally posted by frankandfrank View Post
                          And the documents?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, one of these belonged to Galland, right?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                                No knight´s cross awarded to a Heinzgünther Engeland... Fantasy grouping.
                                it was in the family, and posted by his family. do not believe everything in the books.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X