• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, the entire grouping.
    Attached Files

Comment

Bohlken's prelim. doc. ?

Do you know who now owns the Prelim. Doc. for Erwin Bohlken's RK ? I owned it many years ago and was just wondering. Thanks, Tom

Comment

Dont saw it - so my question
        where is the rk of Josef Allerberger?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
          Do you know who now owns the Prelim. Doc. for Erwin Bohlken's RK ? I owned it many years ago and was just wondering. Thanks, Tom
          Hey Tom!

I would query Mike Davis. I had owned the Darius, Bonk, and Weiß KC Prelims shown here and all were purchased from Mike. If memory serves, he was consigning the Bohlken one as well.

Interesting to see a couple more of my former groups (Donnhauser and Strippel). I mentioned this before, there were no medals when I owned the Strippel group - not sure if they were separated before or added after?

JD

Comment

Originally posted by John M. Donovan View Post
            Hey Tom!

I would query Mike Davis. I had owned the Darius, Bonk, and Weiß KC Prelims shown here and all were purchased from Mike. If memory serves, he was consigning the Bohlken one as well.

Interesting to see a couple more of my former groups (Donnhauser and Strippel). I mentioned this before, there were no medals when I owned the Strippel group - not sure if they were separated before or added after?

JD
            Thanks John for that great info.

Comment

Originally posted by rove View Post
              Dont saw it - so my question
              where is the rk of Josef Allerberger?
              Hi Rove; Allerberger's RK was being sold (last time I checked) by Detlev Niemann, but.. it wasn't the one "awarded" to the famous sniper. In fact, there's some doubt regarding the RK ceremony ever took place in 1945.

Regards,
              Sepp.

Comment

RK formal award document to Major Hans Henning Eichert
                Chef 6. / Schützen-Regiment 11 / 9.Panzer-Division
                Presented on: March 14th, 1942
                Attached Files

Comment

Eichert's document, front and cover.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have to make an honest correction in this thread, regarding the last photos of the documents and groupings of Major Hans Henning Eichert, Feldwebel Otto Rüger, Major Rolf-Günther Hermichen, Feldwebel Georg Weiss and Feldwebel Erwin Bohlken . Those come from the militaria selling website VirtualGranadier. I took the liberty to remove the watermarks, but the credit go to them.

Regards,
                    Sepp.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
                      Hi Rove; Allerberger's RK was being sold (last time I checked) by Detlev Niemann, but.. it wasn't the one "awarded" to the famous sniper. In fact, there's some doubt regarding the RK ceremony ever took place in 1945.

Regards,
                      Sepp.
                      Correct: A friend of mine was a good friend of Sepp (Josef) Allerberger. Sepp told him he just received a letter on the front, informing him he will be awarded the KC, but never received it before the war ended. After the war Sepp bought himself one, he received the document by fieldpost-letter to his home adress in the final days of war.
                      Also he bought himself a replacement, it was not displayed in his cabinet at home, only his EKI, wound badge and snipers badge.
                      His rifle he donated to an austrian museum, but thanks to left wings politics that musuem had to be closed down, and everything dissapeared...

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                        Correct: A friend of mine was a good friend of Sepp (Josef) Allerberger. Sepp told him he just received a letter on the front, informing him he will be awarded the KC, but never received it before the war ended. After the war Sepp bought himself one, he received the document by fieldpost-letter to his home adress in the final days of war.
                        Also he bought himself a replacement, it was not displayed in his cabinet at home, only his EKI, wound badge and snipers badge.
                        His rifle he donated to an austrian museum, but thanks to left wings politics that musuem had to be closed down, and everything dissapeared...
                        Thanks Gran S.; it would be great to see some photos of the documents.

Comment

RK with OL preliminary award documents to Hauptmann Hans Schalanda
                          Flugzeugführer 8. / Sturzkampfgeschwader 1
                          Presented on: April 3rd, 1943

Staffelkapitän Schlachtgeschwader 1
                          Presented on: October 24th, 1944

Sorry for the bad quality, since it was an old sale from A-Thies.
                          Attached Files

Comment

RK formal award document to Generalleutnant Alfred Ritter von Hubicki
                            Kommandeur 9.Panzer-Division
                            Presented on: April 20th, 1941
                            Attached Files

Comment

RK preliminary award document to Oberleutnant Werner Franken
                              Flugzeugführer I. / Kampfgeschwader 26
                              Presented on: March 24th, 1943
                              Attached Files

Comment

RK formal award document awarded to Feldwebel Karl Huber
                                Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)
                                Presented on: July 30th, 1940.

This excellent document belongs to WAF member Allan P. Photo credits to him.

Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X