No announcement yet.

junckers RK with rough core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shane, just to clarify...you are talking about the cross?

Dave
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger 1
      Tom,

There ya go! That turned out to be a nice cross with some real eye appeal.

Tony
      Thanks for the views and assistance, guys. Good eyes to see oiling rather than a repaint! That is the most satisfying bath I think I have ever had. And I did not even have to get wet .

Comment

It took some big cajones to give it that bath ...good on you Tom.

Comment

[QUOTE=Robin Lumsden]Whatever has been done to it, the cross has basically been ruined.QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more Robin, Personally for the same money I would rather two very nice DKiG's than a ruined RK.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dez H]
            Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
            Whatever has been done to it, the cross has basically been ruined.QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more Robin, Personally for the same money I would rather two very nice DKiG's than a ruined RK.
            Dez-

I do not think the cross is ruined. See the pics above. I simply cleaned it with soap and water and removed the oil and it looks fine now, albeit very worn. Why do you think the cross is ruined? Thanks

Comment

Lol

-Shane

Originally posted by Dave Kane
              Shane, just to clarify...you are talking about the cross?

Dave

Comment

WOW looks fantastic .That is how it was before the oil was put on ,looks great .Rob
                God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB
                  WOW looks fantastic .That is how it was before the oil was put on ,looks great .Rob
                  thanks Robb. I actually quite like it now. What a difference a bath makes. Perhaps my children would clean up as nicely with a little scrubbing as well.

Comment

Tom.

I've just seen this again - it's a nice cross you've got.

Just goes to show what a little clean-up will do.

It also shows that Pieter was right - again. Pictures can be deceiving.

So I take back all I said about your cross being 'ruined'.

It's a keeper. No doubt.

Comment

....as I told oil....right again...

Pieter.

A nice cross with patina!
                      SUUM CUIQUE ...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen
                        ....as I told oil....right again...

Pieter.

A nice cross with patina!
                        Thanks Pieter, Robin, and Robb!

Comment

I have used sopa and water on several medals and badges with good results for years...I think I read it the first time in robins book actually .
                          Still took big NUTS to bathe this expensive baby though....The paint could have been stripped away right in front of your eyes.
                          But still with a bit of luck and effort the piece has turned into something great!
                          I hope you used a hairdryer to get out all the moisture???

Mads

Comment

Originally posted by mads
                            I have used sopa and water on several medals and badges with good results for years...I think I read it the first time in robins book actually .
                            Still took big NUTS to bathe this expensive baby though....The paint could have been stripped away right in front of your eyes.
                            But still with a bit of luck and effort the piece has turned into something great!
                            I hope you used a hairdryer to get out all the moisture???

Mads
                            Yup- Used the hairdryer under "cool" heat after the bath. I was so impressed with one of those baths I am really considering taking one myself.

Comment

Cross is ruined!!! E-mail me, will give you $500 for it!

Just kidding, looks great after the bath. I would be proud to own it.

Looks like a nice worn been there cross. Who wants an unissued one, with a history of sitting in a warehouse???? This puppy looks like it hung from someone's neck during combat!!!

Nice Cross.
                              Robert

Comment

If that's a ruined cross, I'll take all I can get.
                                It's a super field worn example.
                                I absolutely respect the purists that want pristine examples, but it's all a matter of personal preference.
                                To me, field worn = "it's been there", which I personally prefer.
                                Roy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X