SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First "Honest" Sale Of A K&Q Ritterkreuz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple solutions: 1.) Send it to Dietrich so he can look at it in person, 2.) Ask Weitze what happened here and why he sold it as an 80's reproduction, and 3.) Show really good photos of the front date.

(Of course, you may run into problems with Serbian customs officials with Dietrich.)

In the Knights Cross photo database here (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=353796), there are several K&Q crosses. One of them has a "double stamp" of the '800' mark which is similar to this cross. On the one in the database, the front date appears from the photos, however, to be "normal". Perhaps it would be useful to look at the K&Q crosses in the database and compare them with each other and this cross.

I hope Stefan got the benefit of a mistake. As I mentioned earlier, I also made an offer to Weitze for this cross on the chance that it was a cross from real leftover parts, but was too late. Here is Don's original thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=yardsale
    Attached Files

Comment

The cross notwithstanding, the problem of what to do with Dietrich until his true nationality is determined is easy enough to solve....
      Attached Files
      George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
        The cross notwithstanding, the problem of what to do with Dietrich until his true nationality is determined is easy enough to solve....
        I would have thought Guantanamo would have been the first stop, not Alcatraz!

Comment

Nope! They fast-tracked him to The Rock!
          George

Comment

Hey wait a minute....I just bought another book from him & he has to get home to ship it
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
              I sold the RK to Weitze for 4750e. I had previously listed it here on the estand. I bought it from Detlev in 06. It came with some papers from a COL. I had forgotten about those and the COA when I listed it and only found those later. Stefan now has those as well. I showed Dietrich high resolution scans of the RK when I got it and he told me it was good (back in 06) Nothing has changed since then that I am aware of. If I had seen this cross listed for 850e I would have grabbed it myself. All the experts not withstanding, it is a fine, heavily worn cross. And to those who think dealer gods don't make mistakes, think again. Just look at most of their inventories and you will find a few. Granted, usually the mistake they make is including a fake as real and not the other way around.

Last thing to think about is this. It was stated that you should never take what is written in books as gospel, well that applies double to what people post on internet forums.
              Sold the RK to Weitze for 4750e... When Weitze paid that... how could it end up as 850e... still a big mystory... could he have made a swift somehow with another KC item??? a 3900e mistake/loss... that should be a hurting amount even for a high end dealer....

Nicolai

Comment

It has shipped.
                We have horse powered mail carriers here in the backwoods of the Banat!
                B&D PUBLISHING
                Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                  It has shipped.
                  We have horse powered mail carriers here in the backwoods of the Banat!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X