No announcement yet.

DKiS -- Opinions, Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the pics shown i hope dont show a chemical stain at the rear.the date looks odd but better pics will prove that point for us.over all a very nice piece but doughts that come to mind as mentioned.my dkis i must admit not being selfish is gourgose.the hook i havnt seen before i must admit

Comment

Originally posted by chris clark
      the pics shown i hope dont show a chemical stain at the rear.the date looks odd but better pics will prove that point for us.over all a very nice piece but doughts that come to mind as mentioned.my dkis i must admit not being selfish is gourgose.the hook i havnt seen before i must admit
      I am wondering specifically about the paint on the sunburst and wreath. The numbers on the date, rvets, hinge, and the catch seen to match up to a zimmeramn. However, if there is paint on this item, it leads question as to what other charateristics are altered on the cross. Granted, photos do not tell the whole story, but if there is indeed paint on the piece, that would lead one to question the autehnticity, despite the other characteristics.

Comment

The reason I asked about the weight is that I very recently examined a DKiS with a Zimmerman "20" in the correct place on the pin, that looked exactly right at first glance. It was a fake. It was radically overweight (more than 70 grams!), and the "20" stamp lacked the correct features to the numeral "2". The back plate was quite thick, but this wouldn't show up in a photo, so the photos of this DK don't tell us much. Also Detlev has exposed a very convincing fake of the Zimmerman DKiG that is slightly undersized. Without weights and measurements, there is no way to be sure.

Tim
        "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

More photos ...

My friend just sent me more photos of the DKiS ... he just received it and took these with his own camera. The piece weighs 37 g and is 62.5 mm in diameter.

I won't offer any comments myself ... I leave that to you gentlemen who are far more expert.

Mike
          Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Mine weighs 45.15 g and is 63.05 mm diameter. And I'm pretty sure I see some differences in the wreaths.
                    George

Comment

That about says it all, doesn't it? Where did this come from? A private individual or a dealer? Thanks.

Comment

Seller

Tom,

I believe it came from a private individual on eBay.

Mike

Comment

DK looks good to me, I don't see differences in wreath ( George, can you explain in wich points ? ) hinge, pin and catch looks right, in their material too. Svaz arm at 12 o'clock is a bit more high then normal but maybe is because photo is taken from a diagonal point ?
                          1941 is perfect in their stamp form.........

measurement of dimention is not good, are you sure is right 62,50 ? Maybe was not exactly.........for me it is hard to believe is a copy...........
                          Last edited by IVAN; 03-29-2004, 02:11 PM.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

He said the weight was 37 grams as well. With that weight and dimensions of 62.5mm, how can it be original? The date on the wreath looks good as well as the hinge and catch. However, there is that red paint on the starburst as well. It is a little disconcerting, if the recorded measurements are correct. Does he have decent calipers and a scale, or are these poorly measured?

Comment

In this area....
                              Attached Files
                              George

Comment

On mine the lower outer-most laurel leaf looks different, as does (to me) the gap between the top leaf and the band.
                                Attached Files
                                George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X