Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKiS -- Opinions, Please!

Gentlemen,

A friend of mine bought this German Cross in Silver just recently. These are the photos from the buyer. Sorry we don't have anything better yet --- and won't have until it is in hand. However, I would appreciate any views you have of the piece based on these images.

Mike Heuer

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Reverse

Reverse.
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Mark

I forgot to mention .... though there is no maker mark shown in these photos, my friend informs me this is a Zimmerman.

Mike

Comment

Mike,

I don't like the date at all! Compared to the dates og Brian's DKiS they look really gothic. I've never seen this style of numerals and would therefore say that this piece is not genuine.

Dietrich
        Attached Files
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Here's the date of a genuine DKiS made by Zimmermann (Courtesy George S.)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dietrich; 03-20-2004, 12:59 PM.
          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Here's a nice good one.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by George Stimson; 03-20-2004, 01:20 PM.
            George

Comment

Reverse.
              Attached Files
              George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
                Reverse.
                George and Dietrich-
                Could you point out what sepcifically you do not like about this cross, as when I compare the "1941" dates to other zimmermans it looks identical to me. Also the hinge looks good. The catch has the attached plate, but the hook is a little mishapen, but this has been seen on other authintic zimmermans. The hollow rivets look good as well.
                Just looking at the other zimmerman images, is looks the same. What am I missing? The other date you posted Dietrich appears to be that of a Godet or Deschler (I did not look that up specifically). Thanks for the information. Your opinions are always helpful in my learning process.
                Any information on the weight and dimensions?
                Last edited by tom hansen; 03-20-2004, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Dear Mike,

I would say it is not the numerals that disturb me at the moment. They are blurry in the pic but could be ok for a Zimmermann. We will have to wait for clear pics, but what I find weird is the red colour stains on the silver wreath and dark star at the 10 o´clock position of the cross!
                  Cheers, Frank

Comment

I agree that the one date posted is a Deschler or Godet. As for the cross that is the subject of this thread, I didn't say I didn't like it -- I just offered my example for comparison purposes.
                    George

Comment

Mike,

maybe it is the picture. Compared to the date of George's Zimmermann it looks different, more 'gothic'. But again, could be the picture. Please try to provide a better picture.

Dietrich

P.S.: I posted the first (godet) date before the next pictures came. I was under the assumption, the one picture is all you have.
                      B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Sorry guys-
                        I was not trying to be critical at all of your opinions, as you know ten times more about this than I do. It just looks like the date looks okay for a zimmerman. I think the paint on the sunburst and the color of the red look odd, as Frank noted. The paint appears to be on the wreath as well, which would imply that this is at best a tampered piece.

Any info on the weight and dimensions as well as a side view would be helpful I would think.
                        Last edited by tom hansen; 03-20-2004, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Mike,

I don't suppose your friend asked for the WEIGHT of the badge?

Tim
                          "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

Thanks ...

Thanks, everyone for your input and views.

These are the only pictures I have of the DK. No weights. As soon as my friend receives it from the seller, he will have more photos available and perhaps some of the questions can be laid to rest. I have a feeling that some good photos will resolve the issues.

Mike

Comment

Hi,

number is okay for me for a Zimmermann cross, from what we can see.

About red points that Frank talk , I cannot say any opinion because photos are not clear.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X