Spanish Cross Silver "CEJ" with Swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Gentlemen,

@ Mark, point understood, I like to keep archives of the the very well done fakes as well as originals for that purpose.

Can anyone post some close ups of eagles on a CEJ as well as an L/12 marked example in silver front and back. I am interested in the finer details.

I have a line on a CEJ marked SCiS without a silver content mark. I hope that I can get it to post pics would be a very interesting find, the source is very reputable as well.

@ Tim, no the pieces are posted are not real and were posted for research/awareness purposes only.

The purpose of the thread was to try and gain more info on the award itself and clearify some gray areas. I found that their was not as much about the award as others and was looking for some help on some of the differences if any. More or less crosss referencing what I have beeen told, shown and seen, so thatI will be able to unquestionably now all the differences in the originals and be made more aware of what to stay away from I the way of good fakes as well as ones that are being toted as things such as CEJ marked no silver content pieces.

I am sure that the article that is being researched will answer many of these questions.

Best,
    JD
    What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Comment

Hi Guys,
      If that was the cleaned up version then I'm sorry I missed the Jerry Springer version . I have a few questions. Was all badge production ceased the day the war ended? Might some have been made and awarded within the first few weeks of the surrender? Were any known (of any type of award) to have been awarded in the initaial aftermath of the end? Not that these would differ in any way if they existed but just wondering. Also I was aware of three types of awards,Real, Fake, and Reproduction. The only difference between repro and fake being it's intent. Any other classification seems silly. Non period sounds nicer but no different in reality than fake.

Now before you quick draw Mcgraw's start shooting, The first were just questions out of curiosity implying NOTHING, and the second bit was my opinion which I'm entitled to and you are also entitled to not agree and be wrong!
      Best, Sal

Comment

Hi Joe!

Yes, I fully understood the purpose of the thread, just wanted to add why "I believe" Detlev uses the phrasology that he uses on his "fake of the week". Thought I would add my thoughts on the particular SC while I was posting.
        Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X