opinion needed for this kvk1,,, thanks james
    Attached Files

pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic3
      Attached Files

Comment

anyone know if this is good or not? going to pick these up tomorrow, PAB and IABand the kvk

Comment

I don't know anything about LDO cases, but the cross looks like it MIGHT be a good one, though I've not seen that type of pin on a KVK before. The finish looks good, though.

Perhaps one of the KVK experts could chime in here?

Comment

Hello,

I don't like it, I have never seen this pin,hinge and catch set up before.

Comment

As you say, the finish looks good but that pin type is like nothing I've ever seen before on a KVK1

Tony

Comment

hi this kvk come with the PAB and the IAB that i posted they all come from the same vets son , he has about 4 more boxed awards

Comment

Using Gordon Williamson's book on the WMC as a reference I see not one example with this pin assembly. I'd be very suspicious of it, even though the finish on the cross looks very authentic.

Comment

These needle pin KVK's have been around for a while. The jury is out on originality.

The badge looks to be of Tombak material, but the catch assembly is something you would expect to see on Zinc badges.

Comment

Hey fellows...are we missing something here, or.....is the wreath supposed to have the 3 ribs at the top and bottom of the swas at the 12, and 6 oclock positions on the oakleaf? If thats true , id either say this is totally fake, or an unusual die mistake, wich i dont think ..the latter is the case. I dont like how the pins end looks, and the pin and catch being right is beyond me....does anybody concur ?
                      The ribs are at 9, and 3 o'clock?? anybody else have one like that?(james..were running your prints thru the natl crime data base....hahaha, just kidding ) Proceed with caution ...on this one ?...or jump on it as an anomaly......youre the one that has to figure this out and quick.
                      Last edited by juoneen; 01-07-2010, 09:19 PM.

Comment

i will post pic's of the other ones soon

Comment

Hey Jim ....you catchin my drift on this issue ?

Comment

thank you for your help ,, i think i'm still going to keep it , will post the other 4 tomorrow

Comment

Might be an unusual one, but cant say ive ever seen one with the ribbing there...good luck, we will be watching to see what the others look like. Ask the kid if you have doubts, if he will give you time to decide to change his mind on that one, as sometimes you cant get an answer back soon enough on some items...and if all the other stuff is good, it could be something unusual, and if it isnt too pricey, might be a good lesson worth keeping anyway. lets see what the other folks say about this issue till then.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X