Juncker EK2s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Douglas!

It is a brass core, you are correct, but it is a Juncker pin set. If you look closely, you can see the difference.
    Last edited by streptile; 01-02-2010, 12:31 AM.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Trevor ; a slight mixup ... that is not my quote .

Douglas

Comment

Trevor has corrected his post .
        Added picture detailing the difference between a Juncker and W&L pin set besides the anchor itself .

Regards Douglas
        Attached Files

Comment

Douglas,

What you have demonstrated in your diagram above are some differences you perceive between two pins. That is all. What you have not shown is any evidence whatsoever that W&L ever used a pin that matches the one you label W&L.

Your earlier diagrams, in posts 73, 76, and 77, purport to explain some differences between Juncker and W&L pins. All they really do is show an obvious W&L pin that matches nothing in this entire thread (post 73 and 76), an S&L pin (76), a few Juncker pins, and a pin on the back of an unmarked cross that you have labeled W&L (77) without a shred of evidence. Nothing in those posts is remotely illuminating, or germane to this discussion.

If you truly believe W&L used this pin, I suggest you show some W&L crosses that feature this pin. I am open to learning something new, but diagrams and illustrations filled with words and colored lines are simply obfuscatory if there is no substance to them.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Comment

If Juncker pins were the same as W&L pins then there would no differances . I am puzzeled by you reply .??

Douglas
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Douglas.

What I mean is this. You believe this pin (below) is a W&L. Please show me a W&L cross that uses this pin:

(By the way, this pin is a bit bent and does not have an "uneven taper" as indicated in your illustration above; it is symmetrical).
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Comment

Here is my EKI Juncker wide-frame Schinkel contribution that just showed up in the mail this last weekend...

Thank you, Trevor, for leading me to this salty old cross.
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That Juncker Schinkel has a great look, Robert! Congratulations on a keeper

Seems to be a silvered brass pin, too? Interesting.

PS: Man, your photos are good.
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Comment

Thanks Trevor,

Yes, the entire pin assembly is silver-plated brass. The frame, I believe is the typical Ni alloy; I don't see any traces of yellow metal in the worn areas of the frame halves.

Love it.

Comment

A better photo of the date...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Another very nice cross Robert !!

Comment

Thanks Fabri!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X