No announcement yet.

Juncker EK2s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice and interesting cross you just got there Robert . It shows , as to be exspected , a very worn/tired and chipping die . I would guess the die is getting to the end of its usablity . To me it looks like the pin is electro plated with pure Nickel and not silver , which would have turned black by now .
    Having this now I would like to ask you to have a look at that core and the Juncker core chart . Do we have a match with the marked B , which I think it is .

Douglas

Comment

Let's give '4' an equal chance also...
      Attached Files

Comment

I had a look at 4 too , but would say no .

Douglas
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robert,

Your core clearly matches #4.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I had a look at 4 too, and would say yes.

Edit: This is a montage of the previous EKI's date and my wide-frame EKII Schinkel's date. IMO, they are identical, same core; #4 on the chart.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by robert pierce; 01-04-2010, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Well Robert the last 2 you posted match . I would have to put it down to the paint on that tombak --- one having paint that is chipped over the top edge making the shape look different than it realy is - looking at it from the top . Probably then the missing paint is making the last 9 seam to have a stronger tilt too .
              Looks like the core chart should be redone now as there are more actual duplicates in there and less different cores . At the same time add in the different core material used . This peticular one we have now in tombak and zink , maybe steel . So 'B' in the chart is still the same core too ?
              I have looked for Trevor pin on a W&L , found non ... only on two other ones .

Douglas

Comment

'B' in the chart is very similar. I'd like to see a better defined photo showing the top of the '1' before drawing a conclusion on it. Do you own this 'B' cross? I'm very curious what frame the core is in as well.

Comment

Anything marked with letters on the chart are mine and I have here , yours I have marked with numbers . As you know I have now retaken all Juncker Crosses I have , because of lighting and shadow problems . The one marked 'B' looking at the Swastika together might be different , .. still looking . All the Junckers I have - have the 3 flaw frame . I will pull out and resize .

Douglas

Comment

Here it is - Zink core EK2 :
                    Attached Files

Comment

german cross in gold

can anyone steer me in the right direction,,, there is a guy at a gun show thats german, he sells lugars and a few medals from time to time, I have been wanting a german cross in gold, he had one awhile back, 1600,,, it was sold, then he had a juncker, 1900, he sent pics, they did not match pics on this site of a similar cross,,, gees, how can a guy tell if he is getting the real deal????

terrywatkins@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrwatknz View Post
                        can anyone steer me in the right direction,,, there is a guy at a gun show thats german, he sells lugars and a few medals from time to time, I have been wanting a german cross in gold, he had one awhile back, 1600,,, it was sold, then he had a juncker, 1900, he sent pics, they did not match pics on this site of a similar cross,,, gees, how can a guy tell if he is getting the real deal????

terrywatkins@yahoo.com
                        As you said, by comparing it to originals on this forum. Perform a search for whichever maker, and post photos of a potential piece you're looking to buy here for opinions.

Comment

Quote from post 6:

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                          My favorite, the Juncker Schinkel ... While I have seen this cross with the magnetic "small RK" core, they are more commonly found with these zinc cores...
                          I need to correct myself here. I thought that I had seen the Juncker Schinkel with the "small RK" core, but upon closer inspection of the cross, I realize it is identical (same core, same frame) to the cross in post 4, the "flawed frame." Here is the cross:

cross and photos belong to Carl (Roglebk)

So to be clear... As far as I've seen, the Juncker Schinkel exists only with the core seen here:

Moreover, as far as I know (and Carl agrees), the "small RK" core exists only in the "flawed frame," seen above and here:

Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Trevor,

If you'll look very closely the 9's on the RK-type cores are a little different in the crosses above (the 1st and the 3rd crosses). The first cross that sets on the black pyramid pedestal has slightly different 9's; they're 'angular' at their tops.

Comment

Robert :Here is a closeup of the core up top you refer to , if it helps any .

Douglas
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the close up, Douglas. I wonder if the paint chip is actually giving us an optical illusion, making the top of the '9' look angular. I have not seen this angular top on any other core before. ???? Could very well be an illusion.

Edit: What are your thoughts on this?
                                Last edited by robert pierce; 01-10-2010, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X