Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Douglas.

Two points.

1) The pin you have labeled as a W&L in post 77 looks like a 100% Juncker pin. Without a shot of the front of the cross, how can any of us know it is not? As far as I can tell that pin is a Juncker.

2) The two cores labeled "S&L 2nd core" (center and right) above are not the same.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hi Trevor :
      1)In post 77 : I do not have the front of that W&L cross only the file description I made that it was being sold as a W&L EK1 .
      The pin rotaing barrel on both crosses are a different width .... and the neck and pin taper are different too .
      2) They look close enough to me ... otherwise we have 2 'curled' tip 1 cores then ???
      Douglas

Comment

Hi guys
        thanks to share all these pics, discussion is very interesting every day more !
        I think there are some missunderstanding because our " friend " Juncker used many cores and frames and assembled crosses as well displayed in this thread.
        Now is very difficult to come right together every piece of this puzzle but it's very fascinous !!
        My thought about cross in post # 77 is that Markus sold that cross as W&L because he sell Juncker crosses just if mounts Juncker frames, in this case he has seen a W&L core and frame but that cross don't has the typical W&L back set-up, I 'm building a personal idea that back set-up was used just by Juncker, I think was a period that Juncker assembled crosses with a mix of own parts and W&L parts and the cross in post # 77 is a good example.
        Guys, it 's just a my idea, could be wrong but I like to share with you.

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
          Hi Douglas.

Two points.

1) The pin you have labeled as a W&L in post 77 looks like a 100% Juncker pin. Without a shot of the front of the cross, how can any of us know it is not? As far as I can tell that pin is a Juncker.

2) The two cores labeled "S&L 2nd core" (center and right) above are not the same.
          I agree. They look very different.

Comment

Ok ... If we have 2 different curved 1 cores .... who made the second one ? Or is it attributable to an allready existing core in the chart ?

Douglas
            Last edited by Douglas 5; 01-01-2010, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
              Ok ... If we have to different curved 1 cores .... who made the second one ?

Douglas
              That's a good question, Douglas. It being in a W&L frame I would guess W&L, but I have nothing to prove this.

Edit: I believe I've found this same core in one of my '100' EKII's. I'll do a comparison montage and see how close they actually are.
              Last edited by robert pierce; 01-01-2010, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Another - or a 4th W&L core would be very unusual . I pulled up the W&L core chart . I wondering if it matches one already on that chart ?

Douglas
                Attached Files

Comment

What do you think? Your W&L to the left, mine to the right...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                    Another - or a 4th W&L core would be very unusual . I pulled up the W&L core chart . I wondering if it matches one already on that chart ?

Douglas
                    Yes, I believe core type 2.

Comment

I was just thinking the same ,... now the W&L 1 to me seams shorter and the 'balls' are up and round , ... as on the other they are low and oblong .

Douglas

Comment

Not a match to me :
                        The 1 of the W&L has a " line indent ' - not the best description ( almost a pinched tip) ... as the other has a straight out side edge on the upstroke on the 1 .

Douglas

Comment

I understand; I see that too. So, we're back to who made this core.

Comment

The best closeup of the Juncker frame - curved tip1 I found at the moment .
                            The 1 is the same height as the 9 .. and nice 'purched' round balls . So this Juncker has the S&L core . The pinched top 1 is a W&L 2nd core .
                            Incorrectly marked on the 3 - core picture - as S&L 2nd core ? A labeling error I made .

Douglas
                            Attached Files

Comment

I intended this to be an EK2 thread, but as it's grown, I will add some new photos of my Juncker EK1 Schinkel:

This one came off the eStand, too... but it was sold and priced as a Juncker, unlike Mike's Anyway, I love this cross.
                              Best regards,
                              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

A nice brass core EK1 with a W&L pin set .

Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X