Unusual Screwback EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Dietrich

Here's another "Rounder" EK 2. This cross is not marked, but I got it with a packet marked for Souval.
    Attached Files
    George

Comment

Bear in mind that Zimmermann and Godet EKs have absolutely identical frames, so the precedence is there for the same frame being used by more than one manufacturer.
      Quite possible that other smaller firms bought in frames from Souval.
      There are at least five U-Boat badge makers whose badges have identical obverses , just differing pin fittings. Did they all make their own identical dies, or nuy in the basic stamping from a common source. Plenty of examples like this of several manufacturers having products which have at least some components identical to other manufacturers.

Comment

That would go a long way to explaining this. I had no reason to doubt my L58, and that would explain the same die flaw that mine exhibits with the L15.
        Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Williamson
          Bear in mind that Zimmermann and Godet EKs have absolutely identical frames, so the precedence is there for the same frame being used by more than one manufacturer.
          Quite possible that other smaller firms bought in frames from Souval.
          There are at least five U-Boat badge makers whose badges have identical obverses , just differing pin fittings. Did they all make their own identical dies, or nuy in the basic stamping from a common source. Plenty of examples like this of several manufacturers having products which have at least some components identical to other manufacturers.
          Gordon,

I think we established this fact already with the L15 thread. You show an L15 in your book that clearly has a Souval frame and there's also the EK1 from Arbeitsgemeinschaft fuer Heeresbedarf #23 using Souval frame. I guess the saem happened with pins, catches and so on.

Dietrich
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X