No announcement yet.

another RK opionions anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cross itself is a fake. Nothing else. MM or not.

Comment

Nothing more to say then a fake. I do not think thatyou would ever find an original RK with an original MM 5.

But when that is said, you'll find "many" medals/badges with postwar added MM.

/Flemming

Comment

when you say: you'll find "many" medals/badges with postwar added MM.
        Do you mean you will find many original medals and badges marked with postwar added maker marks? If so why would that have been worth doing? Im just curious, as i have many original badges that dont have makers marks on them, and they are right. What was the thinking behind such a practice? I am confused somewhat, can you elaborate some.?

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
          Do you mean you will find many original medals and badges marked with postwar added maker marks? If so why would that have been worth doing? Im just curious, as i have many original badges that dont have makers marks on them, and they are right. What was the thinking behind such a practice? I am confused somewhat, can you elaborate some.?
          Generally, maker marked medals bring in more money. So people put on fake marks to try and make more money.

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

possibly the same is done by corrupt people in the german dagger world???

I mean unmarked "generics" are OK but "ORIGINAL EICKHORN" is better, hmmm?

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
            Generally, maker marked medals bring in more money. So people put on fake marks to try and make more money.

best
            Hank

Comment

Hello there,

In theory there is a RK on a Russian militaria site that matches that description and is marked L/13 and not produced by Maybauer - but it is an original with the mark, whereas this is simply a reproduction.

It can be seen here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=228373

William Kramer
              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                Hello there,

In theory there is a RK on a Russian militaria site that matches that description and is marked L/13 and not produced by Maybauer - but it is an original with the mark, whereas this is simply a reproduction.

William Kramer
                Not exactly. It's for now for sale at e-medals site (which is Canadian).
                http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GRA1391
                The cross is an original Juncker.
                The marking could have been added pre or post 45, no one will know. It doesn't make the cross fake, it only adds uncertainty to the originality of the mark.

BTW ... price has been almost doubled from the time it sat at CollectRussia's site (forever).

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                  Yes that is excactly what I do mean. Also an earlier described in this thread, MM medals usually cost more then non MM medals. That is why some sould take the risk to ruin a perfect example of a medal/badge and provide it with a non authentic MM.

/Flemming

Comment

what would it be worth then as a fake?? a repro.

I am adding an addendum to this post...another exactly like this 5 marked has been found with provenance. Im assuming this 5 marked cross...if by chance an original one , could be a subcontracted piece for wernstein. I understand some post war crosses were assembled from actual original frames and sold to vets for souveniers, but as to the story told by the vet ..Im in the process of tracking down that information to get any and all verification, and also all pertinant information relating to what was stated by the vet , and will follow up as it is known, and clarified in my discovery. I will share all i find out, for those interested or not.
                    Last edited by juoneen; 01-03-2009, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X