Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveNZ View Post
    I didnt think it was either.

however perhaps it is ment that the cross complied with German legal requirements post WW2 in that the Swastika had been removed/covered.
    It was not officially made into a legit 57 pattern, nor was it "allowed". In this case it was privately done and the regulations for wear were apparently overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Seiler View Post
      Robertmountfor....
      For a "Cartier Jeweller" there are "Four C,s" Color,Cut,Clarity.Carat wght.
      What would be the cut of this time frame? "Old cut?Rose cut?
      Too early for Brilliant? methinks!
      Seiler
      Talking of the example that started this thread, they don't look like rose cuts to me, since they appear to have a table. Rose cuts would be faceted all over.

The brilliant cut is considered to have been invented by Marcel Tolkowsky in 1919.

I didn't work for Cartier but I studied at Sotheby's.

Best,
      Toby.

Comment

I would put the sugestion forward that those shown by Merdoc were produced in Shefield. One has the mark 925. They are not like the known dress copys. The WH one is similar but not the same as the one I have.

Comment

Originally posted by WARLORD View Post
          I would put the sugestion forward that those shown by Merdoc were produced in Shefield. One has the mark 925. They are not like the known dress copys. The WH one is similar but not the same as the one I have.
          Hi Christopher, Could you elaborate on the Shefield suspicion? Also could you post pics of yours and whatever provenance it has? There is really way too little info out there on these!

Best, Sal

Comment

This could be concidered on the new forum.

Comment

hI,
              Chriss i understand your comments but you are not correct ,first the one you say is marked 925 is infact marked 935 and i know that we have talked on the phone about these but they were not made in sheffield infact i'm not sure they are copies they are every bit as good as the known ones and match the ones in a number of books including your own? both came from a very old collection a number of years ago, i know many will disagree, if you would like to examine them you are welcome too,soory that it never happened last time but things cropped up and i lost your number.
              Merdock

Comment

Spanish Cross in Gold with diamonds

Whilst I have never purchased one of these badges, I have examined an original and a very good, but probable copy and I would definately say that the Cross shown by Andrew and offered by Steven Wolfe is an original wartime example.

Stan

Comment

SCIG with Diamonds purchase

With all the variations, differences of opininion & general confusion regarding the GCIG with diamonds, it would take more than the statement "It comes from the collection of Wolfe-Hardin" for me to plunk down $80,000 for it.

Comment

$80 000 for a cross

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X