S&L RK Die Repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VIPER View Post
    Here is an idea. With the penalty during De-Nazification being rather stiff, would S@L sign their name to every cross with that 4 stamp which would point the finger right at them. Maybe all marked 4 pieces are pre May of 45 and the unsigned ones are post war.......Jimmy
    The penalties were not stiff at all. There are newspaper reports of people openly displaying crosses in shop windows, wearing Knights Crosses and other non-denazified items. Only after 57 - when there was a substitute - the handling was more strict.

The "4" argument is a good one. But how many people knew what 4 meant? How long did it take to sort the PKZ - LDO list out? Look into publications of the 80's and you find ridiculously wrong lists.

And why was the 800-4 stamped with that incuse stamp? This stamp just doesn't ring right - compared to the 935-4.
    Attached Files
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Here is an idea. With the penalty during De-Nazification being rather stiff, would S@L sign their name to every cross with that 4 stamp which would point the finger right at them. Maybe all marked 4 pieces are pre May of 45 and the unsigned ones are post war.......Jimmy
      Markings or not. They could just ask the shop owners. German magazine 1953:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Peter Wiking; 10-19-2006, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Price list Sedlatzek, Muenchen, 1956/57.
        Attached Files
        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

... and, of course, Anneliese Klietmann!

Where did all those RK's and all the other medals come from? Schiffer, Sedlatzedk, Klietmann and God knows how many more in Germany and Austria?

It is very easy to think that there are pre-45 genuine crosses and crude post war fakes. Sure, one can try to cramp all crosses into the period of 39-45, but I don't think this is correct. The trail and the facts suggest otherwise.
          Attached Files
          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Here they are in 1958. Sepp, Peiper, Barkmann...
            Did they all buy a 1957 piece? Did they use a spare or the awarded one from the war or did someone supply them with new ones?

Peter
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Peter Wiking; 10-19-2006, 08:56 AM.

Comment

What they 'normally' did, is wearing the reverse to the front.
              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                The 935 is always centered. The 935-4 is not.
                Good point !

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Images

Here is another curve ball for you. After comparing both sides of my 800/4 the definition of the dent row varies not only from cross too cross but from side too side. On my example the definition appears sharper on the front side and slightly less distinct on the reverse. It also looks closer too the 934/4 Dietrich illustrated than too the 800/4 shown. Might the key lie with the iron center of the cross, perhaps an analysis of the paint as in the case of the rounder. If we are going to set a timeline would not a part constant throught the production run be a better base from which too start. Rather than a die which had who knows how many reincarnations.............Jimmy
                  Jimmy...can I kindly ask you to post images of your 800/4 cross(s)..the "dent rows" from both obverse and reverse, and the 800/4 marks.

Would be most helpfull.

Regards
                  Chris

Chris

Comment

S@l 800/4

Email sent with pictures.......Jimmy

Comment

Email sent with pictures.......Jimmy
                      Thanks Jimmy...I cant view them till Monday (Sunday night for you)...I'll get back to you.

Cheers
                      Chris

Chris

Comment

Here is another curve ball for you. After comparing both sides of my 800/4 the definition of the dent row varies not only from cross too cross but from side too side. On my example the definition appears sharper on the front side and slightly less distinct on the reverse. It also looks closer too the 934/4 Dietrich illustrated than too the 800/4 shown. Might the key lie with the iron center of the cross, perhaps an analysis of the paint as in the case of the rounder. If we are going to set a timeline would not a part constant throught the production run be a better base from which too start. Rather than a die which had who knows how many reincarnations.............Jimmy
                        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                          ... and, of course, Anneliese Klietmann!

Where did all those RK's and all the other medals come from? Schiffer, Sedlatzedk, Klietmann and God knows how many more in Germany and Austria?

It is very easy to think that there are pre-45 genuine crosses and crude post war fakes. Sure, one can try to cramp all crosses into the period of 39-45, but I don't think this is correct. The trail and the facts suggest otherwise.
                          All pretty damning isnt it !

Chris

Comment

800 4

Originally posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
                            Jimmy...can I kindly ask you to post images of your 800/4 cross(s)..the "dent rows" from both obverse and reverse, and the 800/4 marks.

Would be most helpfull.

Regards
                            Chris
                            Hi Jimmy,

Please post your images for the rest of us! There does not seem to be many 800 4 around.

Thankx in advance!
                            E.

Comment

Dietrich, you've covered some large amount of acreage in this thread with photos of letters regarding crosses received by 'Ron'.

OK.

Exactly which crosses did Ron receive.

This thread is about the SL die repairs.

You can prove 'Ron' received B types with a weak drip or dent row?

Or, haven't we seen SL crosses produced postwar that were not finished to specifications as during the war? Yes we have...

And, you haven't addressed my comments about wear and die pressures...

I always enjoy talking to you Dietrich but you latch onto a conclusion like a pitbull and don't address the holes in your conclusions.

Comment

S@l

Has anyone got a mint 57 S@L RK they can post. What I am wondering about is did they finish these too wartime standards of excellence. In other word does their best 57 producton stand up in quality too their wartime 800/4 and 935/4. If none of their authorized production is as good as wartime why would their out the backdoor production of 39s be.....................Jimmy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X