Förster und Barth RK!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dietrich
    But that's not to say this might not be the real deal, not at all! How would I know? To what would I compare?
    Dietrich
    This is question worth € 15.500,00...

Comment

No no you missed my point....reproductions generally appear suddenly and in quantity!

Speckled DKiG for example!

This Cross so far is a 'one of' and even discounting the loop and the early case it stands alone and must speak for itself.

I think that it's shouting.....
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

Ok I Will Speak For The First Time

You might think I am being and ass but I have to ask does a beautifull cross like this have to have these flaws. On the right side it is larger than the left and the blemishes on the lower right of the symbol and on the date makes me a bit weary, I think that the makers had stricter quality controls than this but I am just commenting, or asking??

Please don't shoot the messenger

Joe
        Attached Files

Comment

Joe...jump in!!

However, I'd be very suspicious if a Cross didn't exhibit 'flaws'......these are things we see today in the effort to verify a peice but years ago who cared as long as from 1 or 2 feet away it was good looking!
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

If it is a genuine RK by Forster und Barth then you have to admire their business skills as a company that are in business to make money.
            They spend money to design the RK, make the necessary dies for the frames and core, gear up all their tooling and then produce ONE RK...........

Is this really the only RK of this type seen in the last 60 years?

Makes you think.............

Brett

Comment

Brett,

Because something has not been often seen, or not seen at all, it cannot be discounted.

20 years ago, I could not give away an Otto Shickle Knight's Cross as original. I was laughed at when I showed it.

I had the same when I bought my Zimmerman L/52 Knight's Cross, back in 1969 or 1970. I paid $70 to a friend whom I watched buy it for $7. I have kept it all these years and today it is original, but 36 years ago it was a fake!

I have seen ONE, yes ONE Godet Knight's Cross. I would love to own one, but never saw another. It was totally devoid of marks on the cross and the loop was marked 800 21. Authentic? It was one of the best Knight's Cross I have seen.

Have you seen the special Blood Order award for former members of the Stosstrupp Hitler? There are 2 that I know of and neither of us care to have it photographed for reference. That is to prevent forgeries.

Back when I was tracking down the German Cross with Diamonds awards, many collectors were unaware of their existance. That didn't make them fake.

There are still mysteries to be revealed and there are rarities to be uncovered.

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Bob,

Point taken.........

But my tongue-in-cheek meaning was if they went to all the trouble to gear up with tooling to produce the RK, then there must be more of these around as they would not have produced only one RK. I wonder how many of these have been passed on as they have been suspected to be fakes?
                Possibly a few lucky collectors will have these sitting in their "repro" display and if they are indeed correct, then will have hit the jackpot...!!!!

Brett

Comment

Bob Hritz

You forgot to mention the 3/4 loop KC, which until quite few years ago was regarded as a fake.

Does anyone know of more than one KC marked "1" (Deschler)???

OF COURSE we have to be careful, but I hope I don´t have to read "those never existed!" because the war ended 60 years ago and today we don´t know what was going on in peoples heads (producing one – or at least very few – KCs).

Comment

My conserns:
                    Why is the loop ends not the same lenght ?
                    Why the change of style in silver content and manufacture id ?
                    (have they stamped the L/21 after the whole cross was made and finished? why ?)

Why the dent in the loop ?
                    Why is the eyelet/ring on top of the frame poorly finished ?
                    Why is the left and right flange of the fram not showing the same width ?

Cheers.
                    Peter
                    Attached Files

Comment

Maybe someone should try and contact this guy again.... I offered to post his pic but heard nothing and neither, I gather, did Flak88.......

Knights cross

Dave Tourle also recalls seeing one in the link I posted in that thread (#53) but both these guys indicate the pieces are marked on the rim.

Kai is now viewing - perhaps he can elaborate on this fascinating cross for us??

regards

Marshall

Comment

Marshall,

I asked the guy about photos and e-mailed and no dice. I tried, but this indicates there may be two of these surfacing at the same time. APB - BE ON THE LOOKOUT! Subject appears to have L/21 markings, a hard, silvery exterior, and that ain't chocolate on the inside...

Marc

Comment

For what it's worth.

I checked my two L/21 marked badges(Sub & Aux Cruiser) to compare the maker's marks. Apparently F&B had at least two L/21 stamps. The stamp on this KC doesn't match the two that I have. There is an obvious style difference in the slash and numbers.

Maybe someone can further elaborate and post examples of L/21 markings.

Tony
                          An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Here's an "L/21" on a KVK 1 with swords.
                            Attached Files
                            George

Comment

-

This is for sale at www.weitze.net
                              Last edited by Ludwig; 10-16-2007, 03:13 PM.

Comment

The dealer of rare and curious items, Charles Snyder, has a Forster and Barth RK for sale on his site. It does not look anything like the one Kai Winkler has .

Just as a thought. If there is one and only one of these out there, who the hell is going to buy this if one ever decides to sell it again?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X