My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You said it Mathijs!

All the boxes are ticked! I've got a very similar one which I'll post pics of soon. The whole grouping you picked up is nice! I like all the pieces! You've done it again!

Comment

Yes, that's an early quality Observer by S&L. Good find!

Comment

hi Mathjis, that was a nice group, you picked up!! i really like the observers badge, one of the best i've seen...very nice -Nigel
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by knockoffnigel View Post
          hi Mathjis, that was a nice group, you picked up!! i really like the observers badge, one of the best i've seen...very nice -Nigel
          Hi Nigel, it was really a fluke ... I was about to shut down my PC when it appeared on e-stand. A quick look at it and I was SOLD .

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
            Hi Nigel, it was really a fluke ... I was about to shut down my PC when it appeared on e-stand. A quick look at it and I was SOLD .
            sometimes we all need a bit of luck, in finding nice pieces, you certainly did well with this one!! -Nigel

Comment

Hello Matthieu
              That's a great collection you have there.
              I really love the DKiG. It's also on my wishlist. Had a chance once on ebay but it went over my budget.

By the way here's a link to the brother of your beobachter that is looking for prays in my closet.
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=306666

Best regards

stijn

Comment

Hi Stijn, always nice to find another BE member ! It was mainly your thread which made me "fall in love" with the Beobachter badge !

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                  ... made me "fall in love" with the Beobachter badge !
                  I completely understand! These early Beo's are real beauties.

Best regards

stijn

Comment

I traded for these a while ago, but they ended up in my mailbox this morning ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bronze IAB ... early production ( closed block hinge & hook shaped catch )
                      Attached Files

Comment

Silver IAB ... early production ( closed block hinge & hook shaped catch )
                        Attached Files

Comment

At last, but certainly not least, the 5th RK ( 2nd pattern ) I now own.
                          No markings, 3-piece, non-magnetic, rattling core inside the frame and heavily worn ... I just it !!!
                          Does anybody have an idea of what material the core could be ( silver / zinc / ???? )
                          Attached Files

Comment

hi Mathjis, once again it looks like you've found some more nice pieces, and another 2nd pattern RK! you are the king of the 2nd patterns!! well done buddy!! -Nigel

Comment

Hey Mathijs,

I believe the non-magnetic cores are zinc or perhaps another inexpensive alloy as a cost savings measure.

Comment

I picked these up last week and they ended up in the mailbox this morning ...

1st little lot is nice bronze CCC & early pattern EK2 ( 3-piece, magnetic ), with matching ribbon bar !
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X